• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Cheers!

Chilari

Staff
Welcome to the Scriptorium. Tell us about yourself a bit. What do you do? What are you writing? Who do you like to read?

Welcome, Corpus! How can you say that, Aidan? No-one can tire of MS while I'm around.;)

So, HabeasCorpus, I guess you're getting the feel of Mythic Scribes now, so keep on at it!

Welcome!

HabeasCorpus

Minstrel
Thanks for the warm reception everyone! By trade, I'm an attorney, so I have quite a bit of training and experience writing. However, there is a particular framework in which all that has to be done, so it's pretty limited. I've just started a novel which I'm thinking might be a bit ambitious, but I love the freedom writing fiction allows and the emotional outlet it offers. :)

I've been reading fantasy/sci-fi for some time and I've found that the stories I enjoy the most are the one's I can identify with on an emotional level. Recently though I've really been impressed by the structure of Pat Rothfuss' writing. I was pissed at one point actually and said to myself, "Damn, this is the book I was going to write." - not subject-wise, but in the way it was put together and how it told the story.

Thanks again for the welcome, I'm looking forward to getting to know, encourage and learn from the community.