• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Choices While Reading

Writer

Dreamer
Anyone here remember the adventure books that allowed you to make a choice rather than simply follow the linear direction the author wants to take you?

Writer

Dreamer
I have actually created my own and allowed others to add to it. Soon as I get enough likes I will share it with the rest of you. its a huge project.

Ah, the Choose Your Own Adventures style books. Those have moved on to a thing called Interactive Fiction games as of now. Kind of all over and about as varying as ever in quality.

Writer

Dreamer
Yes, interactive fiction, but my concept is not linear and it allows you to add to the text! Thank you for the Likes, I will post a linkt to what I am talking about here: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG but will make a proper thread just now, please look out for it.

I remember seeing them but I don't remember the stories I read - just kids books really. I was reading Wuthering Heights at ten (I'm not a dull as I sound, but it's pretty close). Kinda skipped children's books.

pmmg

Myth Weaver
I have read a few of those choose your own adventure books. They were cool when I first saw them. I still have wuthering heights on my read list. I was never very cool...

Devor

Fiery Keeper of the Hat
I have read a few of those choose your own adventure books. They were cool when I first saw them. I still have wuthering heights on my read list. I was never very cool...

Wuthering Heights is definitely a choose your own adventure book. I know for me I'd read four pages and then skip like twenty to see where it picked up....

Writer

Dreamer
Kinda skipped children's books.
I don't know if I would call them "children's books" because they do not fit well with bed time stories section although admittedly they were often in the teen section and teens tend to be children. ;)