1. Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us.

Clint's World Building Art!

Discussion in 'Fantasy Art' started by TheClintHennesy, Jul 19, 2015.

1. TheClintHennesy

TheClintHennesy Acolyte

Hi Everyone!
    I decided to make a thread here cuz... well... I'm more of an artist than a writer... but I'm sort of a writer because I do write for my art!

I'm working on a project right now. It's basically and asset-creation project for a world. I'm doing a bit of writing here and there for the characters, races, and locations and all that!

This is a sample image render I did for one of my recent posts.

[​IMG]

You can scroll down the blog for the entire development process and how it all started.

I have more of my artwork at TheClintHennesy (Clint) - DeviantArt but most of the stuff there are quite outdated (at least three months or more!)

I'm not sure what exactly we're allowed to do for a thread here- but I would actually want to update this everytime I have new art- but that would seem like unecessary bumping.. soo...

Oh yeah! I'm building a World at the Moment- so drop by the link below for more information on it! :D
    https://theclinthennesy.wordpress.com/category/creative-development/edun-wars-of-atheria/

Thanks for Dropping By! :D

2. TheCatholicCrow

TheCatholicCrow Inkling

You can make your own Portfolio. Or post your images in the gallery. This is probably what you are looking for.

Your use of color is stunning.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2015
  3. Nimue

Nimue Auror

I agree, your color choices are vivid and the shading looks great!

It's a little disarming to see detailed abs on a chibi character, but I understand that's the style, heheh

I think you're definitely allowed to post again if you have new art! It's not just bumping if there's new content attached.

4. evolution_rex

evolution_rex Inkling

I agree with the above posts, great coloring. I find the size of the imp's arms a bit out of proportion to the rest of the body. They're a a bit thick and I also think that if you've got long slender legs then you're most likely going to have long slender arms as well. It would feel a lot more natural, even though it's suppose to be a cartoonish piece. But other than that I'm excited to see what else you have in store.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2015
  5. TheClintHennesy

TheClintHennesy Acolyte

Actually- now that I think about his arms- they do look way too big. xD
    Anyways- this was just a first pass for the Art Style. :p I'm still definitely keeping the chibi proportions and the abs together. xD haha

And dang- I had no idea someone replied to my thread. D: I would have replied ASAP otherwise. I don't seem to get an email or whatever when I get a reply. :-x

But anyways- I'll put up an update on my World Building Art! :D
    I haven't published all of these on my blog yet (since i'm replying now, I'll show them here! :D)

[​IMG]

These are character portraits (obviously) lol.
    I think i have to do 10 more for the characters. All of the characters written have at least a paragraph worth of biography written about them. :p

I'm pretty excited to finish the other 10 cuz then I'd have like... this little roster of characters. xD

Nimue and evolution_rex like this.