• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Clint's World Building Art!

Hi Everyone!
I decided to make a thread here cuz... well... I'm more of an artist than a writer... but I'm sort of a writer because I do write for my art!

I'm working on a project right now. It's basically and asset-creation project for a world. I'm doing a bit of writing here and there for the characters, races, and locations and all that!

This is a sample image render I did for one of my recent posts.

wisp.jpg

You can scroll down the blog for the entire development process and how it all started.

I have more of my artwork at TheClintHennesy (Clint) - DeviantArt but most of the stuff there are quite outdated (at least three months or more!)

I'm not sure what exactly we're allowed to do for a thread here- but I would actually want to update this everytime I have new art- but that would seem like unecessary bumping.. soo...

Oh yeah! I'm building a World at the Moment- so drop by the link below for more information on it! :D
https://theclinthennesy.wordpress.com/category/creative-development/edun-wars-of-atheria/

Thanks for Dropping By! :D

Nimue

Auror
I agree, your color choices are vivid and the shading looks great!

It's a little disarming to see detailed abs on a chibi character, but I understand that's the style, heheh

I think you're definitely allowed to post again if you have new art! It's not just bumping if there's new content attached.

I agree with the above posts, great coloring. I find the size of the imp's arms a bit out of proportion to the rest of the body. They're a a bit thick and I also think that if you've got long slender legs then you're most likely going to have long slender arms as well. It would feel a lot more natural, even though it's suppose to be a cartoonish piece. But other than that I'm excited to see what else you have in store.

Last edited:
I agree with the above posts, great coloring. I find the size of the imp's arms a bit out of proportion to the rest of the body. They're a a bit thick and I also think that if you've got long slender legs then you're most likely going to have long slender arms as well. It would feel a lot more natural, even though it's suppose to be a cartoonish piece. But other than that I'm excited to see what else you have in store.

I agree, your color choices are vivid and the shading looks great!

It's a little disarming to see detailed abs on a chibi character, but I understand that's the style, heheh

I think you're definitely allowed to post again if you have new art! It's not just bumping if there's new content attached.

Actually- now that I think about his arms- they do look way too big. xD
Anyways- this was just a first pass for the Art Style. :p I'm still definitely keeping the chibi proportions and the abs together. xD haha

And dang- I had no idea someone replied to my thread. D: I would have replied ASAP otherwise. I don't seem to get an email or whatever when I get a reply. :-x

But anyways- I'll put up an update on my World Building Art! :D
I haven't published all of these on my blog yet (since i'm replying now, I'll show them here! :D)

Compiled_Set1.png

These are character portraits (obviously) lol.
I think i have to do 10 more for the characters. All of the characters written have at least a paragraph worth of biography written about them. :p

I'm pretty excited to finish the other 10 cuz then I'd have like... this little roster of characters. xD