• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Complex character traits.

Complexity in fiction is the same as complexity in real life.

It's all about layers of meaning. Someone responds to stimulus A with response B... no complexity. But if they respond to stimulus A with response M... or even response X... the readers will wonder why.

Arielcat

Minstrel
I’m not the OP. ChatGPT gives pretty generic responses but it’s still interesting to see what it would come up with in terms what this AI model sees as a complex description. It has a heavy bias - so that’s it’s major flaw.
Sorry. I know you're not the OP.
Saw yours and went, gee, I could've done that days ago but I wasn't sure at the time if the OP wanted it done.
Hope that clarifies things just a tad bit.

pmmg

Myth Weaver
I'd take Arielcat and Finch over the AI anyway. The OP was hard to interpret in this one, but some good comments followed.

Arielcat

Minstrel
I'd take Arielcat and Finch over the AI anyway. The OP was hard to interpret in this one, but some good comments followed.
You may actually have a point there. 🤔
I remember I wanted to know did the person want us to add to the original description or what. 🤔
I mean I could have done that, no problem, but it was somewhat difficult to tell what did the original poster even want. 🤔
Or, what was the original intention, or whatever. 🤔

Arielcat

Minstrel
You're probably tricky. I am sure you could manage it.
Okay. 😁
(Am I that thief character now or what? 😉)
(Character in search of an author.)
(The play, Six Characters in Search of an Author. In an old book of plays. At my elderly parents' elderly house.)

Sorry. I know you're not the OP.
Saw yours and went, gee, I could've done that days ago but I wasn't sure at the time if the OP wanted it done.
Hope that clarifies things just a tad bit.
I just went rogue. I was curious to see what ChatGPT thought a complex character was made up of.

pmmg

Myth Weaver
Wow, a rogue and a theif. This thread just gets better as it goes.

I am not sure he was not just posting a poem and their never was a question.