• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Error warning when saving signature or post edits

Eduardo Ficaria

Troubadour
I've met with the same error warning while executing two different actions:
  1. Trying to save changes to my signature, no matter if it has a link or not.
  2. Trying to save a post edit.
The warning I'm referring to has the following text:
The following error occurred:
Your content can not be submitted. This is likely because your content is spam-like or contains inappropriate elements. Please change your content or try again later. If you still have problems, please contact an administrator.

I've met this error in Firefox and in Brave (Chrome engine), with adblockers disabled.
PS: It seems that depending on how, so to speak, you edit the post or the signature, saving might fail or not. Rather strange I must say.

I also have a somewhat related question: how long does the edit button remains available in a post? I've got the impression that it goes away too fast.

Last edited:

Black Dragon

Staff
Administrator
Hi Eduardo,

The message is coming from the system's anti-spam system. By design, it is automatically cautious when new members edit posts or add signatures. That's because those two features are favorite targets of spammers, so the spam filter for them is extra-sensitive. However, once you make more posts and some time passes, it will learn to trust you and will let your post edits and signature submissions through.

how long does the edit button remains available in a post?

For new members the edit button vanishes fairly quickly. Once a member has been around for a while, it will default to one hour. We had to limit it to one hour, as spammers would join the forums and leave on-topic messages.... only to return hours, days, or weeks later to edit spam links into their posts.

Eduardo Ficaria

Troubadour
I undertand, I'll bear with it then. Thanks for the clarification. By the way, maybe you should have this detailed with the forum rules (I don't remember seeing this explained there), so new members have it at hand right when they join Mythic Scribes.