• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Fargoer's introduction

Fargoer

Dreamer
Greetings !

Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Petteri Hannila and I am a software designer by day and dreamer/dad/writer in the evenings. As a writer I am all for the dreams and visions of future and mythic pasts.

As a lover of Finnish national epic (Kalevala) and our harsh, but beautiful nature, my writing has been greatly influenced by both, as my main character is from an ancient Finnish hunter-gatherer tribe who likes to sing some poetry between hunting and slaying. It is often said that we are a melancholic people and true to that image Fargoer-stories tend to be quite dark in nature.

I've lived all of my life in the presence of strong women, both in my family and people near me. Maybe this has led to the fact that Fargoer's lead character is a woman - of a tribe of strong, independent and ruling women. The myth of amazons and warrior-women lives strong in so many cultures that I very much liked to explore that concept.

As a writer I feel that I am geared towards emotion-creating pieces rather than plotting and heavily structured stories. At least for now, my goal is to create short, strong stories that make the reader feel and experience the world behind the letters.

I am not much of a forum dweller, but this place sure looks very nice and excellent even with such a short exploration.

I wish everyone happy autumn and energy to your writing endeavors.

Petteri

Sheilawisz

Queen of Titania
Hello Petteri, you are most Welcome to Mythic Scribes!!

That was a great introduction, Finland is a fascinating country that I really want to visit someday and your stories sound very interesting, influenced so deeply by Finnish culture...

Just like yours, my stories are focused on creating strong emotions in my readers instead of heavy plotting or a vast worldbuilding.

You have come to the right place for Fantasy writers like us =)

Fargoer

Dreamer
Thaks for the warm welcome Sheilawisz.

Don't get me wrong, in the future of the Fargoer, I wish that the whole Viking Age world is my playground, but I am not going to plot an "ancient evil that is going to destroy mankind" -type of stuff, rather tell the stories of strong individuals in myth-enriched world.

I'll be sure to lurk and explore this forum, and perhaps even post something now and then.

Petteri

Fargoer

Dreamer
Nice one... Here's something along the same lines:

Last edited by a moderator: