• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Friends of a feather, Make everything better :)

I moved to a new place recently, an apartment actually. I've never lived in one before so its an exciting experience. One of the big drawbacks of the place is that next door there is a Tim Hortons/ Dunkin donut equivalent that soils the view out our windows. We can see right onto the roof of this place (so air conditioner's and chimney's.) The industrial grey pretty much. Which sucks cause JUST beyond it is a cute little lake with a park and is just the picture of perfection, if it were not for this coffee-donut shop.

That's what I thought originally. I soon found out there was something just perfect about being able to see down to that roof. Crows like to hang out there; since the water collects on top and they can watch for pigeons and squirrels hanging around the lake.

I was finally able to grab their attention today using bits of bread stuffed with ham. They seemed to really like it. Two of them passed it around before one of them flew off to some trees in the distance. They must nest there. Through out this whole experience my room mate was just laughing at me, I was like half-way out my window trying to throw the pieces far enough for the crows to notice them. (they kept just falling an inch too short and dropping to the alley between the buildings.

Crows are just one of my most favorite birds. Its them tied with Golden Eagles, and I've ever wanted was to hold one at least once, maybe have one sit on my windowsill long enough for me to draw him.

So my goal for this summer- BE FRIEND A CROW!

MineOwnKing

Maester
I'm not trying to get off track from the point of your thread, but I was instantly reminded of episode 142 of the Seinfeld show where Kenny Rodgers Roasters Chicken Restaurant opens across from Jerry's apartment building.

I'm not fond of crows, they crap all over the place.

Curious fact about pigeons, ( who also crap all over the place) in the Midwest where I grew up, I learned quickly to identify the sound of a pigeon. I spent considerable time in Ivrea, Italy with my wife. The pigeons that live in Italy make a different sound.

Maybe they speak Italian pigeonese.