• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

G'day to the group

Holdwyne

Dreamer
Hello all, this looks like the place to say hi and let you know absolutely everything I do not want you to know about me,,,Or Not!! :)

I've been studying, watching seminars by writers etc trying to pick up on some of the great tools used by the experts to polish their work which is how I managed to stumble in here...

I am not a writer.Let me say that again. I AM NOT a writer ( now you know why I was studying).

I have been published, but I have absolutely no clue how that happened.

Moment of brilliance?
Right time right Place?
My expert dialogue?
Sheer freaking Luck??

None of the above.

I was invited by the author to write a chapter for a book ( actually the second by the author) . It was a technical piece for a DIY(do it yourself) How to Handbook.( no it was not Sunsets How to build a Deck ;) )
The book has sold very well for the author these past 5 years or so ( mostly through amazon)garnering me not one red cent in monetary gain, no schilling for this waif, no silvers for my horde, not even enough to tip the hardee's drive through gal.Good thing they never deserve one..... But, it was a great experience.

Now I thought i might try my hand at something a bit more fun. I know it will be a lot of work and hopefully my new journey will produce a credible piece of work.

Now, If i can just figure out that dang I before E except after C Rule that never ever seems to work, I'll Be

RICH!!!!! :D:D

JCFarnham

Auror
Haha, that rule never worked which is why it hasn't been taught in England for a good number of years now. More confusing than helpful I must say.

Surely by definition if you've been published you're a writer? I know what you mean though mate, some times I don't feel like a writer either, just some poor fool messing around with the literary occult. ;)

Welcome to Mythic Scribes. May your journey be enlightening.

Haha JC described it perfectly for me.

Welcome to the Scribes Holdwyne. Sure, writing is a hard path to walk, but at least here we can throw ideas at each other, ask strange questions without being stared at, and mostly sympathise with each other. Jump write in and if you need anything just send me a message.

Rikilamaro

Inkling
Let me just say. I am disappointed. There's finally someone here promising to hold my wine, and he's not a writer? I may cry. :)

Welcome to the space! I hope you find exactly what you're looking for here.

Holdwyne

Dreamer
If its a Chteau Le Pin Pomerol 1999 I will hold it all day..............you may not get back exactly what was once IN the glass...No promises !!

In case you are interested:
The Thienpont family's Chteau Le Pin venture is another garage wine. In an average year, they produce about 6,000 bottles of this fine Pomerol on five acres of land. It is truly one of the most illustrious wines to come out of Bordeaux. Its fullness comes from the downy levels of mocha, black cherry and currant flavors. It's a favorite of serious wine collectors.

Aprox 900.00 a Bottle

NOT to be served with KRAFT CHEESE!!! :)

Rikilamaro

Inkling
If its a Chteau Le Pin Pomerol 1999 I will hold it all day..............you may not get back exactly what was once IN the glass...No promises !!

In case you are interested:
The Thienpont family's Chteau Le Pin venture is another garage wine. In an average year, they produce about 6,000 bottles of this fine Pomerol on five acres of land. It is truly one of the most illustrious wines to come out of Bordeaux. Its fullness comes from the downy levels of mocha, black cherry and currant flavors. It's a favorite of serious wine collectors.

Aprox 900.00 a Bottle

NOT to be served with KRAFT CHEESE!!! :)

Well no Kraft cheese? then I'm sorry I'll never try it. lol

$900 a bottle... hmm.. yeah. That's more than my rent. :) Think I'll stick with the cheap stuff.