• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

New to the group

Caged Maiden

Staff
Article Team
Hello I'd like to introduce myself.
My name is Anita, and I have joined this group in hope of connecting to other people like myself, who love what they do, but maybe get stuck occasionally and want to share ideas and experience. So I have a lot of knowledge about an assortment of things, but I'd love to get a chance to meet other writers who might be able to fill in the blanks for me (currently I am lacking in knowledge about naval warfare, I'm finding) and just exchange ideas in general.
Thanks for taking the time to read my introduction, I'm looking forward to getting to know you all.

Dante Sawyer

Troubadour
Greetings Anita,
Pleasure to meet ya. This is a great place for what it seems you're looking for. If you need any help with anything, this forum can offer valuable insight.
Quick question though, have you written a novel or are you in the process of doing so? And if so, is it published?

-Dante

Caged Maiden

Staff
Article Team
I am not published. I actually have 9 novels. The first five are complete, but hand-written awaiting typing and editing, the sixth is outline only, seventh is completely done, I even wrote summaries and a query letter for it (now I'm just waiting for my opportunity to send it) and the eighth and ninth are both half-done, I'm hung up on some details of the eighth, and until I finish that, I can't go any further on #9 because it is set a decade later, but it's killing me, because I love the characters and can't wait to finish their story.
Writing isn't actually my main artistic endeavor, but I try to do it somewhat regularly. I just wish I had a sort of support group nearby to exchange ideas with and all. I think that would motivate me to get more done.

Hello Anita and welcome. What is it that you want to know about naval warfare? I am in the U.S. Coast Guard. While I am no expert on the subject, I have some knowledge of the history and development of the U.S. Navy from the 1700s to present. I can also tell you a little about modern day boat life.