• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Giving back, Marketing, and Community Good Will.

TWErvin2

Auror
I finally got around to downloading Flank Hawk from B&N (thanks for having it available via Nook, btw. It's my preferred format.). I'll try to read it and by the end of next weekend and post a review the following week.

Sorry for the delay. Someone recommended Self-Editing for Fiction Writers to me, and I read that cover to cover this weekend.

Thanks, BWFoster78!

I hope you enjoy the read.

As for the Nook option, although the majority of ebooks released by my publisher are sold through Amazon, the belief is that there is no reason to intentionally ignore those that don't purchase through Amazon.

Telcontar

Staff
A good review, and as to your earlier comments: I've heard some similar comments from other readers (and indeed, at least one other review mentions a couple of the same things).

If the chief complaint of readers amounts to "I wanted more!" I'm happy. :)

Also, I'm brainstorming possible adventures for Morte and the funky bunch due to those very same comments. I'm an entertainer: I aim to give the people what they want. At the same time, I still plan to leave them wanting more...

Ankari

Hero Breaker
Hello Published Authors,

Can you please consider publishing your books in Nook format? I won't buy books from Amazon. I own a Nook. I would love to contribute to this thread but I don't want to have two separate libraries of books.

PS: TWErvin2, I will buy your book(s) soon. I've committed myself to reading Orb Scepter Throne. When I'm done, I will buy yours.

Thanks!

Telcontar

Staff
I own a nook as well, but buy both from Amazon and other places. I use Calibre to change everything into a .epub format.

However, for myself at least, my books are also available from Smashwords on .epub. Links in my sig. I know the same is true at least of Robert Bevan, as I bought his book Critical Failures on Smashwords.

Also, my stuff should be available on the Barnes & Noble store. Just search "Tristan Gregory"

Last edited:

TWErvin2

Auror
PS: TWErvin2, I will buy your book(s) soon. I've committed myself to reading Orb Scepter Throne. When I'm done, I will buy yours.

Thanks!

Ankari,
Ian C. Esslemont is a solid author and makes sense to complete his latest work before getting to mine. Hope you really enjoy Orb Scepter Throne. I look forward to your input on my work when you're able to get to it, and thanks for being willing to give my writing a shot.

BWFoster78

Myth Weaver
I finished Flank Hawk and really enjoyed it. I posted my review on Amazon, B&N, and Goodreads. I also went back and added my review of Critical Failures to Goodreads.

TWErvin2

Auror
I finished Flank Hawk and really enjoyed it. I posted my review on Amazon, B&N, and Goodreads. I also went back and added my review of Critical Failures to Goodreads.

Thanks for reading and taking the time to write and post your review, BWFoster78!

FYI: There is a brief quiz on my website where you can find out which character you're most like (or which is most like you). If you give it a try, hope you don't end up Road Toad :)

Link: What Character Are You (in Flank Hawk)

Steerpike

Felis amatus
I'm a few chapters into Flank Hawk. I am enjoying the book. I'm just especially slow reading this week because I'm traveling in Missouri for the week, visiting with my kids, meeting clients, etc.

Philip Overby

Staff
Article Team
I now have samples of Steerpike's, TWErvin's, and Benjamin's books on my Kindle. Since they are all relatively inexpensive, I'll probably be buying the full versions once I pay on my credit card a couple of more times.

TWErvin2

Auror
I'm a few chapters into Flank Hawk. I am enjoying the book. I'm just especially slow reading this week because I'm traveling in Missouri for the week, visiting with my kids, meeting clients, etc.

Life is forever busy, and visiting kids and family--very little can beat that. That's a cool thing about a book. You can put it down for a day or a week or a month, and the story's still there, right where you left off. Hope Flank Hawk continues to entertain when you're able to get back to it.

I now have samples of Steerpike's, TWErvin's, and Benjamin's books on my Kindle. Since they are all relatively inexpensive, I'll probably be buying the full versions once I pay on my credit card a couple of more times.

Thanks for getting the sample, Phil the Drill. Hope it is something that catches your interest. If not, not a problem. That's what samples are for, and you can focus your allotted funds for something more up your alley.

Awesome, thanks! I hope you enjoy the sample. Actually I'd be interested in hearing what you think regardless. (Don't worry, I have a thick skin. ;-))