• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Greetings & Salutations

MorpheusZero

Acolyte
I find myself laughing as I have been scoping this place out for the past 2 days. Being an individual who is active on multiple forums, including one I run myself, I like to have a look around for a few days. You know to try and get a feel for the place, to see if I actually will enjoy my stay there. Thus, I find myself laughing as I read many an article with members speaking on how they have "run out of space to put books," and are attempting to make the somewhat hard transition to ebooks. I then look over and realize my entire room is full of books--so I proceed to go on Amazon and order a $250 Android tablet to begin investing in eBooks via Amazon Kindle store. So as for my first impression of this community--I want to know who is in charge and willing to take responsibility for me spending all that money on an Android tablet to be able to read with less space being taken up in my home! :) I accept cash or check only! :p

On a more serious note, my name is Dylan--though through the years I have gone by the alias MorpheusZero. You can call me "Morph," for short. I am 21 years old and live in the southern United States. It is a little town called Monroeville, Alabama. Being a community of writers, I expect some of you may recognize that as the town that "To Kill a Mockingbird," took place in. Before you ask, yes, I DO know Harper Lee. Personally? No. But I see her around from time to time at Hardees getting breakfast (gotta eat!) and have spoken to her once or twice.

I recently graduated from a two year University with an Associate's Degree in Applied Science. Instead of moving on to further my education, I took a break for about 8 months now--and made one of the worst mistakes of my life. I moved out of my parents house. I moved away for awhile to Gulf Shores, Alabama. Yes! THE BEACH! For 7 months I lived alone and worked for the slave driving company that is Walmart Inc. Needless to say, I done a lot of soul searching in that time and decided it was time to chase my dreams and go back to school. So after speaking with my parents, I quit my job and moved back home. I start ITT Tech in January for 3 years to complete a degree in Network Administration and Cyber Security.

My interests include a wide array of activities. My primary passion in life is technology and computers. I fix computers on the side. The word 'fix' is vague in this instance though. I build and mod my own systems and can do some lower level software programming. I LOVE open-source software, the newest being Android for smartphones and now tablets. I found myself using the Kindle App on my Motorola DROID BIONIC and after hours upon hours of reading on that small screen, and FINALLY after coming here, have decided to upgrade to a tablet for reading. Thanks again article writers!

I work part-time at a movie theater right now as a projector operator, so naturally I watch movies a lot. I like music. I enjoy amateur film-making and sound production. I use Sony Vegas for films and FL Studio for audio production. I would by no means insinuate I am proficient at either but it's something I enjoy. I can, however, make a wicked awesome equalized mix for various already made tracks or sound systems.

Now for the part you were waiting for. I have been reading books every night before bed for as long as I can remember. Let's see, there was a baby bib...Barney...and Lord of the Rings. That's about all I can remember! :D I do not call myself an author as I have never completed anything; but according to the community's description, I am a Fantasy Enthusiast! I have read many books in various genres and I always go back to Fantasy and fiction. Favorite books? Well to name a few: Lord of the Rings Trilogy, The Mortal Instruments, The Inheritance Cycle, The Sword of Truth Novels, Harry Potter, somewhat liked the Twilight Saga (more or less the last book was okay for me), I read Interview With A Vampire by Anne Rice but not the others yet, Star Wars spinoffs, etc.

Now you know a little of the 'world' that is Morph. I am looking forward to meeting you guys/gals, and again--I find myself laughing!

-Morph

Sparkie

Auror
Now that's what I call an introducton. Welcome, Morph!

By the way, I'd consider it a huge favor if you would ask Harper Lee to write another damn book the next time you see her. Someone who writes like her should share her vision with the rest of the world.

Jess A

Archmage
Yum, Hardee's. I enjoy a Hardee's biscuit every time I am in the USA. I adore To Kill a Mockingbird. I've read the book a thousand times and I love the film too. Welcome :)

MorpheusZero

Acolyte
Nice to meet you guys! And oddly enough, Harper Lee doesn't like to talk about her book. She really keeps to herself. She doesn't do interviews, book signings, or anything.

fleamailman

Closed Account
(and with that the goblin showed, saying "...funny how life is built up upon a mere assumption of certainty here, where the future is not promised to one, and one's past has slipped by beyond one's reach, but a writer lives this shared life between his muse within and his dailylife without, in fact it's odd how anyone could ever wish to become a writer now, for surely it's a practice of schizophrenia if ever there was one now, where somewhere too, in the small print on the label then, it might be written warning, the muse does not got back into her bottle, where the young would dream of fame and fortune here, and just receive a journey to self instead, and although not short changed by it it's not exactly what they bargained for either, whereupon the goblin just laughed, saying "...Morph, you'll post with me awhile won't you, you have more talent than you give yourself credit for...", and with that the goblin was fed up with rolling out that same old red carpet each time, perhaps thinking too, that the time of year called for a white carpet now, even if the welcome was just the same by it)

Last edited:

TWErvin2

Auror
Welcome Morph!

There are fewer and fewer Hardees up here in Ohio.

One thing I never could do is read before bed...won't go to sleep. I also have to stop writing about 30 minutes before going to bed or my mind races and I don't sleep.

Glad you joined us here!

Terry

MorpheusZero

Acolyte
Thanks for the welcome again friends! Hardees, is one of those places that you love to eat at--but hate going to. I only eat there for breakfast a handful of times per year. Though I must say they do have the best breakfast biscuits than any fast food restaurant I have ever eaten at.

As for the Goblin... "(Insert Fiery Dragon Entrance Paragraph)"

Reading before bed is what makes me sleepy! I read in my Android tablet for about an hour last night before I slid it under my bed and fell asleep.

Hope everyone had a good holidays!