• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hello All

TheHawk

Dreamer
Have just joined the site and am looking forward to meeting you all and reading your works-in-progress.

My best to you all.

Cheers

Chilari

Staff
Welcome. Tell us something about yourself. This is an introductions forum, after all. Favourite authors? What type of fantasy do you tend to write - high fantasy, swords and sorcery, low fantasy, science fantasy, steampunk, etc? What else do you like to do?

TheHawk

Dreamer
Ah - what to say. I write fantasy, action/adventure, and thriller. Current work is a fantasy (speculative fiction) which I hope to share with you.

My favorite author was David Gemmell - a friend who I miss - you should see the first comments on my first story. No it was not pretty. But I did learn a lot from him.

According to my writing friends, I'm pretty hot on story structure. And as an aside - did you know you can write a first draft in 44 sentences?

As for what else I do - it's mainly baby-sitting!

Many thanks for your welcome.

TheHawk

Dreamer
Re:- 44 sentences? What? How?

Hi Chilari:-

It is one of many writing techniques used by pro-authors. It is part of story structure - which makes the writing of a novel from that spark of an idea through to a finished manuscript much easier than you could imagine.

Can't say more than at the moment - these techniques would take up a category on their own. I'm thinking of having a word with "Admin" to see what can be done.

Last edited:
I do something similiar Hawk.. I don't know if I've cut it down to just 44 sentences.. But I have rewritten an entire first draft on one piece of loose leaf paper before.. By the time I was done with the detailing and whatnot I had over 200 pages LOL

Black Dragon

Staff
Administrator
Hey Hawk,

Your 44 sentence technique sounds promising. This could make for an interesting article for our home page. Send me a private message and we can discuss this further.