• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hey guys!

Aaron Shapiro

Hello from Nashville!

Strictly speaking, I'm not a writer. I haven't written anything yet that I'm proud of, or finished any "dedicated writing projects," or anything like that. I hope to one day, and that's largely why I am here, I am a fantasy fan, annually read the Tolkien books, and have spent a decent amount of time working through the Anne McCaffery novels. I guess I am here to gain a little inspiration, and perhaps hone some techniques made rusty by inactivity.

So anyway, greetings, and I am looking forward to spending some time here and learning for everyone.

-Aaron

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hail and well met Aaron Shapiro
This is a good place to learn and share.
If you are in the mood, there are plenty of friendly challenges and the like to knock the odd rust spot off.
Even if you don't post the results, the exercise can be good for you:p
Leap on in when you have the feeling.

JRFLynn

Sage
Hey Aaron, welcome to the scibers. Most of us are in the same boat, trying to hone our craft, but I should note that you don't have to be a hardcore, finish 10k words a day genius-prodigy-person to call yourself a writer :D

If you've dabbled a bit, or even tried to, than you're among the plucky ranks of us writers!

Sure, it's a long road to being a published author, but that's why we're all here trying to learn from each other. Don't feel pressured though. Have fun, experiment, and eventually your style will naturally develop and show through in your work!

Nice to meet you Aaron Shapiro, welcome to the Scribes. The best time to start being a writer is ... now! By a neat coincidence you've come to the right place, there's some wonderful people here from curious neophytes to crusty veterans, published authors to...well, people like me. Dive in and let us know if you have any questions.

Aaron Shapiro

Thanks a lot guys, I appreciate the welcome, and I am going to go check out some of those challenges.

-a