• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hi Everyone

Um.... I;m a little nervous speaking to crowds, so.... um.... my names Ken, and I'm addicted to writing. <ahem> I got hooked on it in 2003, right after I got married and needed something to do to spend my time at lunch at work every day. Um.... well, I decided to start writing a fantasy novel and, well, that was it. I couldn't stop.

I know it is the same with others, but I never thought it would be me up here you know? But once I got a taste for it, I needed to do it again. .... and again and again and again.... One time of writing at lunch and every lunch time after that it got easier and easier. Soon I couldn't stop myself. Now I gotta write all the time, you know what I mean? I just... um... Sorry, I didn't mean to go on a rant.

Anyway, it wasn't all that long before I started going to agents, trying to deal my own stuff. They wouldn't buy into it, and I couldn't blame them, you know man? I mean, I was an amateur and nobody knew me. But after so much writing I, it just wasn't enough to write anymore. As they say, writing is just the gateway drug to becoming a full blown author, and I was taking that step. Well, attempting it. When the agents wouldn't look at me, I started finding there were places to publish myself. Then I started finding how to format for eBooks. I realized I had gone too far. There had to be others like me who needed to not only write, but to be read as well. I needed to share what I learned about writing and sending query letters and formatting and everything with others.

That's when I started finding Writers Forums and I started finding there were others like me. I was not alone!

Well, um.... so... here I am.

Dude, you're right, this writing is heavy stuff man;).

Welcome to the Scribes Kenneth, don't worry about having to talk to crowds, we're all spread over several continents so we drift in and out in our respective time frames. Enjoy yourself here.

Chilari

Staff
Welcome, Ken. Don't be nervous, that's an order! Stop being nervous! Now! I mean it!

Naw I'm messing with you. We're nice people here and there really isn't anything to be nervous about. We're all in the same boat. Or more accurately, identical boats on different parts of the river. Sounds like you've gone a bit further along the river than some of the rest of us (me included - I've never even got to the stage where I have a finished manuscript I'd be happy to consider sending to an agent).

I know what you mean about needing to write all the time. I've barely stopped outlining at all in the last week. I've even been emailing myself notes from work. It becomes very consuming at times, doesn't it?

Rikilamaro

Inkling
Welcome Ken!

Lunch break writing is my favorite. It forces you to fit your ideas into a time frame before you have to go back to work. Plus, it gives you something to daydream about the rest of the work day. :)

We really are a friendly bunch, and no one's bit my head off yet. So don't be nervous. Look around and see what we have to offer, make some comments, and you'll have friends before you know it.

Let us know how we can help!