• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hi Everyone!

WyrdMystic

Inkling
Hi, I'm Dave Redman. I'm currently working on a number of writing projects and realised I need more interaction with real people who know what they are talking about. So, I joined Mythic Scribes as soon as I found it. Admittedly I have known about it for a while, as I've been patrolling sites to see what advice is out there. Now I'm ready to actually speak to (or type at(?)) real live people. I'm not really a hermit dribbling over keyboard, frantically slapping tip-ex on my liquid crystal display. I am married, have two monsters, and decent offering of friends. However, what I am missing is a writing network. I am hoping this community will prove to be an enjoyable filler.

Chilari

Staff
Welcome Dave. What nature of monsters do you have - the kind that keep you awake at night with their unhuman wails, the kind that destroy living rooms like a very small Godzilla, or the type that make the ground shake when they stomp up the stairs and slam doors?

Having a writing network is a great idea. Sometimes real life is very isolating for the fantasy writer, especially when said fantasy writer lives in a small rural town. In my experience, even when there are other writers around they're not fantasy writers and they're not always of the same generation (the writers group in my town is mostly my mum's age).

Welcome to the Scriptorium. I hope you find what you're looking for and bring plenty of new ideas and perspectives to our discussions.

Phaedra

Acolyte
Hi, I'm Dave Redman. I'm currently working on a number of writing projects and realised I need more interaction with real people who know what they are talking about. <snip> However, what I am missing is a writing network. I am hoping this community will prove to be an enjoyable filler.

Hi Dave, just joined here myself. And I wanted to say, "I am so in touch with that emotion." Writing is a lonely calling in many ways. Spending hours alone in a room or at a desk with the voices in your head can sort of make you...a little stir crazy. Sometimes you just need to bounce things off of other like minds. Otherwise you start talking to yourself.

I think my favorite interaction I had recently with my own little monster was,

"Mom...you're talking to yourself again."

"I'm working through dialogue with a few characters."

"Well you're all be'n loud. Knock if off."

:p

WyrdMystic

Inkling
Welcome Dave. What nature of monsters do you have - the kind that keep you awake at night with their unhuman wails, the kind that destroy living rooms like a very small Godzilla, or the type that make the ground shake when they stomp up the stairs and slam doors?.

I have two mini-godzilla's. Most of the time they are busy destroying rooms or each other - it's when their heads turn in unison and they get that look that says 'you're next' that terrifies me :D

Last edited:

WyrdMystic

Inkling
I think my favorite interaction I had recently with my own little monster was,

"Mom...you're talking to yourself again."

"I'm working through dialogue with a few characters."

"Well you're all be'n loud. Knock if off."

:p

That's brilliant. I'm always lost in my head until I get snapped out of the haze by the blood curdling cry 'NINJA WARRIOR!'. And then a 4st goblin jumps on my back.