• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Holy time warp Batman!

PrincessaMiranda

Troubadour
OK I had to share this. I just found images of Isabella I of Castille that look uncannily like myself. Ferdinand looks like the only guy I've ever been interested. I am distantly related to Isabella.

Does anyone believe in reincarnation or familial memories?

Or do I sound like a nut job?

(P.S. I wanted to share this with people who would actually know who those famous characters were.)

417px-Isabeldecastilla.jpg

isabella.jpg

Sorry for the sizes, i have no idea how to change them. If I just seem crazy let me know.

Sheilawisz

Queen of Titania
Hello Miranda, you really look like Queen Isabella... Wow!!

You do not sound like a nut job, not at all- I believe 100% that we can have many different lives (and not only in this world!) so who knows, maybe you were closely related to Queen Isabella back in those times??

I feel something similar for Princess Joan, daughter of Edward III of England.

You should research as much as you can about the life of Queen Isabella, and I guess that you would discover many interesting coincidences and surprises...

SlimShady

Troubadour
The resemblance is uncanny. To be honest, I don't believe in reincarnation or anything like that, however anything is possible I guess.

Mindfire

Istar
I don't believe in reincarnation, but history does have a way of repeating itself. Perhaps life has "archtypes" just as stories do.

Ireth

Myth Weaver
That IS an uncanny similarity. You're both very pretty. :) I don't believe in reincarnation, but there's a definite case for familial resemblance.

T.Allen.Smith

Staff
I'll say this... I believe in the possibility of most anything.

However, the features on the painting aren't very detailed. Therefore, I'd say there are probably thousands of young women in the world who could say they share a resemblance.

One thing I don't get though (and i mean no offense) is why everyone is always related to royalty. Because of how prominent ancestry stories involving royal blood lines are, I find them somewhat uninteresting.

I'm descended from horse thieves....

PrincessaMiranda

Troubadour
I'll say this... I believe in the possibility of most anything.

However, the features on the painting aren't very detailed. Therefore, I'd say there are probably thousands of young women in the world who could say they share a resemblance.

One thing I don't get though (and i mean no offense) is why everyone is always related to royalty. Because of how prominent ancestry stories involving royal blood lines are, I find them somewhat uninteresting.

I'm descended from horse thieves....

Well I know everyone says they are related to royalty, its interesting. I am also related to horse thieves (Well, the guy who brought them supplies anyhow.) I've always felt a connection to royals, When I found out I was related to them it just sort of clicked. My grandmother has a few papers with my family tree going back a long ways, its official. I wouldn't say anything at all if I wasn't sure of the hard facts.

PrincessaMiranda

Troubadour
Thanks for saying I'm not crazy. haha. Its just weird that even though she is an old ancestor I still have some resemblance. I like it.

I don't believe in reincarnation, but history does have a way of repeating itself. Perhaps life has "archtypes" just as stories do.

It probably does, in the sense that there are really only so many variations on the shape of the human face. Churn through a few billion people and you are nearly certain to find many pairs of humans who share a strong resemblance. I don't think any kind of reincarnation/familial memory/supernatural phenomenon has to come into play at all; it can be simply explained by basic mathematics.

I also have a resemblance to my sister, who is my mother's daughter. Who, in turn, is a semi-removed descendant of the Spanish royal family. Then again, the royals got around a LOT! (and everyone is related to First Man and First Woman).

Mindfire

Istar
It probably does, in the sense that there are really only so many variations on the shape of the human face. Churn through a few billion people and you are nearly certain to find many pairs of humans who share a strong resemblance. I don't think any kind of reincarnation/familial memory/supernatural phenomenon has to come into play at all; it can be simply explained by basic mathematics.

I'm all for scientific and mathematical analysis, but there is such a thing as analyzing something to death. xD

Mindfire

Istar
Yeah, but I don't think pointing out the obvious explanation for something is "analyzing to death." It's more "being rational."

Well, I don't think rationality as you've just implicitly defined it is necessarily an appropriate response to a discussion that is largely sentimental in nature. If you'll pardon my metaphor, one ought pet the dog, not x-ray it. And now you've got me over-analyzing why some things shouldn't be over-analyzed. Irony. xD

gavintonks

Maester
re incarnation was an Indian creation to explain the fact that the earth is made up of billions of dead things so you probably have some persons left rotted foot eaten by the tomato you just ate. So the idea of this dust having an echo of the person who lived in that pile of dust and you accessing random memories from that dust as it is incorporated into you as the food you eat.

The other is pure genetics the likelihood of having her genes in your biological dna strains is quite good, or the dna/rna which is responsible for that a-typical face structure and skin, as apposed to a spirit inhabiting your mother and influencing the growth of the fetus to become someone in the past - just my take on it

Well, I don't think rationality as you've just implicitly defined it is necessarily an appropriate response to a discussion that is largely sentimental in nature. If you'll pardon my metaphor, one ought pet the dog, not x-ray it. And now you've got me over-analyzing why some things shouldn't be over-analyzed. Irony. xD

I prefer to do both! :)