• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Who Are You? Batman or Superman?

What Super Hero Are You?

• I'm Superman, the seeker of justice

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • I'm Batman, the Dark Knight

Votes: 13 76.5%

• Total voters

Ankari

Hero Breaker
I read this little bit of wisdom from Caged Maiden. It has profound truth to it.

He said, "There are two kinds of people in this world, those who love Superman and those who love Batman."

I was like, "Really?"

"Yeah. Think about it, Superman is the guy who does what he does because it's right...(or something like that). Batman is all about revenge."

I stared wide-eyed, having been introduced to a concept I couldn't grasp. "Who in the world thinks Superman is better than Batman? That's just dumb..."

And that was the beginning of the end for the two of us, because it turned out that while I was was completely in love with Batman (and his cars and sarcastic attitude, tortured soul, vengeful ways, and dark image), he loved Superman with his rightness and justice and heroism for the sake of heroism. Even his cryptonite weakness and super powers...

And you know, since that day, I have realized there is quite a lot of truth in what he said. I've never met someone who loves both, it's either one or the other.

So who are you? A Batman or Superman? Please share your thoughts.

Ankari

Hero Breaker
Personally, I'm a Batman. The realism of his character is the largest aspect I love. His dark personality, constant quest to break the underworld, and his internal struggle to remain good wraps me up entirely.

Sheilawisz

Queen of Titania
I am Batman, the Dark Knight too Ankari!! I just feel more identified with Batman than with Superman, and I think that you are right: You cannot like both of them, it has to be one or the other...

Devor

Fiery Keeper of the Hat
I enjoy Batman as a better character in a better world, and I hate Superman as an overpowered character with lame villains (you've got... let's see, villains who are even more overpowered, and villains with the resources to strike everywhere at once, or else, what form will the kryptonite come in today?).

But I voted Superman because I act more like Superman. It's his powers I don't like (I would say shallowness, but Batman can be shallow too).

Truthfully, though, I would rather have listed Spiderman. Batman's cool and all, but for the most part I'll take Marvel all the way.

((edit))

Let me put it another way. Batman might be "deep" in his relationships with his villains, but the Bruce Wayne half of his character often feels extremely light. Superman often feels shallow, but Clark Kent at least can feel like a long-winded romance story. In that regard, I don't consider either character to be much better developed than the other, unless maybe Batman gets an edge, again, because Superman is too overpowered to develop in certain ways.

Last edited:

Penpilot

Staff
Article Team
I'm Superman, but I grumble and think like Batman when I bite the bullet and try t do what's right. If I actually acted out my vengeful thoughts, I'd be in jail... or have my own reality show, PP's PPs.

Also, I do love both of them. Superman is what could be, the dreams, the ideals, the high road. Batman is what is, the hard reality, the eye-for-an-eye attitude that resides in us all, the low road.

Last edited:

Caged Maiden

Staff
Article Team
BATMAN!!! but I don't think I need to explain it because it's in my post. THANKS ANKARI for expounding on this. I almost started this thread last night but fought the urge.

I've never really been much of a superhero person, even as a kid, but I love Batman. His only "super-power" is genius intelligence and a photographic memory, along with a few nifty gadgets. I also love the dark, sinister feel of those stories. The way he interacts with the villains is really interesting as well. I've only read maybe 2 or 3 of the graphic novels, but I've seen the films, and played the Arkham games (which were fantastic. I think Mark Hamill is the perfect joker, but thats a story for another time). I find it strange that he's being identified with revenge though. Maybe the character has changed over the years, but in my experience he has grown out of revenge, and become a selfless vigilante, at least after he becomes Batman.

Reaver

Staff
I'm THE REAVER...I'll kick Batman and Superman's ass any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

nlough

Troubadour
Batman all the way! Been playing Arkham Asylum and Arkham City, great games, excellent story, and just fun. Plus Batman's personality being more realistic makes the character more likeable.

Alex97

Troubadour
Batman all the way! I used to be obsessed with the batman comics when I was little. Not really into the kind of thing now but still think batman is cool. I prefer how batman uses his brain and trains to become good at fighting whilst superman seems a little shallow to me - over powred goody two shoes; the sort of person who is good at everything but also very irritating. :p