How would you describe this eating motion

Discussion in 'Writing Discussions' started by Garren Jacobsen, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Garren Jacobsen

Garren Jacobsen Dark Lord

And yes, it's important. A big armored worm eats a monster like this. And can you do it in a single sentence? (NOTE: I won't be using this. Just want to see how you would describe it and how you see it so I can write my own sentence.)

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
  2. Ankari

Ankari Staff Moderator

Its jaw protruded, distended and engulfed a prey too large for anything less horrific

Does that work?

Garren Jacobsen and Laurence like this.
  3. Taniwha

Taniwha Apprentice

As its mouth opened, the razor toothed jaws protruded and latched on to it's prey

Garren Jacobsen likes this.
  4. DragonOfTheAerie

DragonOfTheAerie Valar Lord

NOM!

lol

Something like: Its mouth distended, jaws lunging outward to latch onto its prey

5. CupofJoe

CupofJoe Valar Lord

I'm trying to avoid the words Xenomorph or disarticulation and failing...

6. pmmg

pmmg Dark Lord

Well, the descriptions above both avoid Xenomorph and disarticulation...i'll give it a shot...

Its mouth opened, teeth, row upon row of them, jutting up like razors on needles. Its prey drew back, but then the whole mouth, like it was a thing detached, raced forward and engulfed the helpless prey. An instant of teeth rushing forward, and then nothing but a worm looking for its next prey.

Maybe you could call it like a Phronima Parasite, that is the creature the xenomorph is based on.

7. Writer’s_Magic

Writer’s_Magic Mystagogue

8. Aggee

Aggee New Member

Silence emerged as the shark glided across the deep vault, his ship-sized body sailing proudly. All power, all cunning. King of the Sea. This silence was soon interrupted as the shark propelled his weight forward and gouged those fangs into the fish’ limbs.

Is this any help? :)