• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Howdy from Texas!

scottmarlowe

Dreamer
Hi all,

I've been lurking about a bit but thought I'd jump in for a quick intro. Love the site. Not sure why I didn't find it sooner.

I'm an indie fantasy writer with a couple of books out there for sale as well as some short stories on my web site. Though I've lived in Texas for a while now, I'm actually from California. I haven't developed any sort of Southern accent or twang as far as I can tell :)

I'm a huge fan of Dave Duncan, Robin Hobb, Michael Moorcock, Robert E. Howard, and H.P. Lovecraft. I'd have to say they all influence my own writing in one way or another.

My first novel (The Hall of the Wood) leans towards classic fantasy. But with my second (The Five Elements) I started to delve into steampunk a bit along with alchemy, elemental magic, and pseudoscience. Some readers have said it's hard to categorize, which I'm perfectly fine with. Bottom line is I like to write adventurous tales with deep characters and plenty of action.

Looking forward to interacting with some (or all) of you!

Scott

Hello, sir. Welcome to Mystic Scribbles. I'm nobody important, but you could be, with only three easy payments of $19.99! Veirhooven's Moose Jerky: Making People Feel Important since 1763!