• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

i Hola!

Leuco

Troubadour
Hey everybody! I look forward to chatting with other like-minded heroes and exchanging some creative vibes. There's a lot of interesting stuff here and I hope to meet some other cool indie writers.

A little about myself: I've published a novel that's kind of like The Chronicles of Prydain meets Romance of the Three Kingdoms. Just a lot lighter. Ask me about it, or visit my profile, if you're interested!

Don't worry, I won't spam anyone! ;)

Some fantasy that I like: I like R.A Salvatore the most, but I'm influenced more by ancient myth and comic books. Anyone else here read any of this stuff?

Chris

Hello Leuco, and congrats on getting published. We have many here who are striving to accomplish the same, and a few who already have. Looking forward to seeing you on the forums.

rjklee

Dreamer
Hello Lueco, i'm new to these forums as well. I'll be sure to check out your novel. I read any Salvatore but I do read comics from time to time. What kind of comics do you like to read?

Argentum

Troubadour
Hello! I've read R.A. Salvatore! All his Drizzt Do'Urden books except for his latest books. Nice to meet you!

Leuco

Troubadour
Response

Hello Lueco, i'm new to these forums as well. I'll be sure to check out your novel. I read any Salvatore but I do read comics from time to time. What kind of comics do you like to read?

Thanks all for the kind welcome. Drizzt is definitely really cool. Homeland is classic.

I used to read a lot of old X-Men books, but lately I've been rediscovering a lot old marvel books in the bargain bins like Conan the Barbarian and the Punisher. It's crazy how cheap they are now. The only new comics I read now is X-Factor. I like Peter David's style. How about you?

Thanks all for the kind welcome. Drizzt is definitely really cool. Homeland is classic.

I used to read a lot of old X-Men books, but lately I've been rediscovering a lot old marvel books in the bargain bins like Conan the Barbarian and the Punisher. It's crazy how cheap they are now. The only new comics I read now is X-Factor. I like Peter David's style. How about you?

I grew up on the X-Men comics. We all had the trading cards in middle school. I lost interest after they started all the alternate time lines. I would probably get back into them if I could find a cheap easily accessible source for the older comics.

rjklee

Dreamer
Lueco, I mostly buy all of my comics second hand at a local shop that sells them by the pound. One corner of the store has a rack that which has thousands of random comics on it. Then you dig through and get whatever you want to buy 2.99 a pound for the first 5 and than 1.99 for any additional pounds of books. Last time I went I took every Savage Dragon and Lobo books I could find along with any mini-series that looked interesting. They also sell complete mini-series of the big 3 companies and a ton of indies so I go through these racks once in a while aswell.

I haven't kept up with many of the new stuff that is getting published right now, although I have been interested in the DC Relaunch that is starting up soon. If you havent heard about it i'd recommend taking a look New DCU Guide - Tag | Tor.com

Leuco

Troubadour
I didn't know they sold them by the pound! That's cool. I've been picking up a lot of old late 80's, early 90's marvel comics, mostly for nostalgic purposes. I read some bit a while back about how Ray Bradbury used to read comics and it made me feel better about reading them. I think he was trying to say it was almost a kind of rapid research: a fast way to see what kind of plots work, which ones don't. Made sense to me.

X-Men comics are easily my favorite.

Leuco -

Welcome to the boards. PM me your novel details and I'll add you to the list on the thread called "Mythic Scribes on Mythic Scribes", a page dedicated to listing the current members' publications that are available for review by other members.