• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

I need help with a plot

Vaporo

Inkling
I think you're going to need to provide a bit more than that. What do you mean "between Ohio to Florida?" Are you asking for what could happen on a road trip between the two? What a war between the states would look like?

Gruden

Minstrel
I think you're going to need to provide a bit more than that. What do you mean "between Ohio to Florida?" Are you asking for what could happen on a road trip between the two? What a war between the states would look like?

This one:
Are you asking for what could happen on a road trip between the two?

Vaporo

Inkling
All right, but that's still pretty vague. Speaking as someone from Ohio who has been on several road trips to the Carolinas, the trip itself tends to be very uneventful, barring the car breaking down or some such. It's mostly just a case of "jump on the highway and go."I suppose if it were hurricane season you could run into a storm, but hurricanes tend to have a week or two of notice ahead of them. If a storm were brewing, I'd postpone or cancel my trip. I'd say a trip to Florida would take about a full day of constant driving. You could stop at a hotel split it up into two days if that's too intense, or if you have two drivers just swap drivers.

What sort of story are you trying to write here? What general plot do you have in mind?

Gruden

Minstrel
All right, but that's still pretty vague. Speaking as someone from Ohio who has been on several road trips to the Carolinas, the trip itself tends to be very uneventful, barring the car breaking down or some such. It's mostly just a case of "jump on the highway and go."I suppose if it were hurricane season you could run into a storm, but hurricanes tend to have a week or two of notice ahead of them. If a storm were brewing, I'd postpone or cancel my trip. I'd say a trip to Florida would take about a full day of constant driving. You could stop at a hotel split it up into two days if that's too intense, or if you have two drivers just swap drivers.

What sort of story are you trying to write here? What general plot do you have in mind?

My story starts with after the Great War of Worshippers. The Political State of the USA is that Hunters and Fishermen went on a strike across the USA Country. Calfornia, New York, Washington,

Snabalars creatures that were made by evil Scientists. Snabalars was made with Animal DNA & Human DNA. These cause disasters around the USA.

My Main Character is trying to go to Space. I would like him to meet Redneck, Hillbilly, Biker, Country Folk, City Folk, Hick, Farmer, Gardener, Policeman, Verntern, Firefighter, Soldier, Sailor, & other people that could help him to go to Florida.

My Character wants to start his own country on the newly Discover Planet. There is an Evil Businessman wants to make the Natives of the new planet into his slaves.

Insolent Lad

Maester
One could go with an eastern route, crossing the Appalachians somewhere or a western route down through Alabama to the Florida panhandle. Different sorts of people and terrain with each. Crossing mountains provides challenges, especially in winter (even though the lower Appalachian range isn't that high nor are the winters that severe). Various swampland areas are more common in the east, too. This is a bit fresh in my mind as I recently completed writing a sci-fi novel that included a road trip from Minnesota to northern Florida.

Gruden

Minstrel
One could go with an eastern route, crossing the Appalachians somewhere or a western route down through Alabama to the Florida panhandle. Different sorts of people and terrain with each. Crossing mountains provides challenges, especially in winter (even though the lower Appalachian range isn't that high nor are the winters that severe). Various swampland areas are more common in the east, too. This is a bit fresh in my mind as I recently completed writing a sci-fi novel that included a road trip from Minnesota to northern Florida.

Thanks for your guys help. My Main character is from Southwest Ohio.