• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

I'm not alone now...

Hi there :) I'm finally not alone!

Writing a novel's been a lonely, doubt-filled experience. Why am I shutting out my friends to spend time shut in a room, producing something no-one wants to read? Or maybe they do ...

Nothing beats the thrill of sitting back and thinking: yeah, that sentence is more than OK. I guess that's what we crave.

Now when I'm shut in my room, I know I'm not alone. We're all in this together ...

What am I doing, shutting the door, shutting out my friends, shutting out my life? Can I even call myself a writer? Doubt's my biggest fear, blocking my inspiration. But now I've got all you guys to share it with :smile:

I'm a UK writer who used to write about my plastic trolls as a kid. Now I write about goblins instead, along with other strange things. I've just published my first novel: Gluttony (The Spider Mushroom Quest, Book One) on Amazon, so I'm looking forward to writing Book Two. Second time around, I'm hoping writing novel won't be such a lonely, doubt-filled experience.

Looking forward to meeting ya!!
Dawn x

Philip Overby

Staff
Article Team
Welcome Dawn! It's always great to have people to encourage you, one reason this community is so great. You'll find plenty of that here. Doubt gets all of us now and again, the important thing is that you've published your first novel, a huge step for any writer. Good luck with your future novels!

GeekDavid

Auror
Welcome!

Pull up a chair and jump into a discussion somewhere.

And keep your eyes open for chats at the bottom of your screen. Sometimes they're public, sometimes they're private, so if you see an invite pop up, don't be scared.

Svrtnsse

Staff
Article Team
Trolls like this one?
Troll-before.jpg

I've yet to publish - or even finish - my first novel, but the people here on Mythic Scribes have been a great help and a great motivation so far. I'm not sure I would have gotten as far as I have without the lot of them.
You're very welcome. Stick around and let us know how your second novel comes along.

Ireth

Myth Weaver
Welcome here, Dawn! This is a great place to find inspiration and motivation. I certainly haven't regretted joining!