• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Is Something Wrong With the Text Boxes?

Dren

Scribe
So something I've noticed is that as I type, the cursor jumps around. Not the mouse cursor, the text cursor.

At first I thought it was me, because sometimes the heel of my hand hits the mousepad and causes it to move the cursor. But as I typed in different places, I realized it only happens here.

For example, I'm typing this line out. I misspell 'out' because despite my years of learning how to type, sometimes I stink at typing. So I backspace. As I backspace, the cursor jumps from the 't' in 'out' to before the word 'line'. I accidentally backspace 'line' into 'this', making 'thiline'. I move the cursor between the i and the l and make a space between them. The space happens, but again the cursor jumps to the beginning of 'thi'. Ultimately, I just delete the entire line and rewrite the whole sentence.

Does this happen to anyone else, or is it just me? It doesn't seem to happen anywhere else I frequent, and it hasn't happened before, but it's a tad irritating.

Dren

Scribe
Using Chrome. Don't know the exact numbers for the version but apparently I'm up to date? There's no indicator for any updates on my end.

Black Dragon

Staff
Administrator
Within Chrome, click on the three vertical dots to the right of the search bar. From there, click on Help > About Google Chrome. That will give you the version number. Please post it here, so that we can sort out the issue.

Dren

Scribe
Cleared out my cache and cookies. Chrome updated but the problem is still there. I'll let you know if anything changes. Thank you!

Devor

Fiery Keeper of the Hat
Assuming you've already tried turning the power off and back on..... It might be a piece of malware on your computer that's interacting poorly with the forums. You can try running a free scan - Lifehacker recommends Avira, which you can get on this list - and that might clear it up.