• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Kevin Beck Introduction

Kevin Beck

Acolyte
Good day,
I am a fantasy gamer and worldbuilder and have been trying to build my own fantasy world for gaming, short stories, and the like for some time. I have always gotten stuck somewhere along the line. Usually in creating a logical basic for the existance of various elements within the societies I am trying to create. I hope to gain insight, and possibly provide some through my experiences. Thank you.

Svrtnsse

Staff
Article Team
I am a fantasy gamer and worldbuilder and have been trying to build my own fantasy world for gaming, short stories, and the like for some time
This is almost exactly how I started out as well. I had next to no idea about storytelling when I started out, but I had a great world to play around with. Eventually the stories grew, and while I'm still shaky on the storytelling, I'm at least now confident enough to do it anyway. Just keep at it, and you'll get somewhere. :)

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hail and well-met Kevin Beck
Good to have you here.
What sort of games do you like? Are we talking video games or paper-based RPGs?
I've just started [re]playing Call of Cthulhu.

Welcome Kevin! The conversations I've had with game makers at cons has been a big help to my world creation for my own stories. It seems a more natural discovery approach, as opposed to the have it all up front method I used to subscribe to with world-building. I now take my writing more like a campaign adventure and let it unfold and grow as I go along. :)