• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Looking for a particular type of novel:

So a friend of mine asked me recently if I had heard of any novels from the POV of the Picts. Nothing came to mind. Has anyone here read or heard of a novel like this?

Stardeath

Acolyte
Nope, all I did manage to find out that they disappeared mysteriously.Some percentage of the Scottish men are descendants of theirs, but that's about it. Apologies. Even I'd like to read such a novel if anyone happens to find one.

skip.knox

toujours gai, archie
Bran Mak Morn.
Not sure if Howard ever wrote an entire novel, but he did short stories. And I think Roy Thomas brought it to comic books--never as an independent title, but part of something else. Maybe those Giant Size comics from the early 70s?

Insolent Lad

Maester
Bran Mak Morn.
Not sure if Howard ever wrote an entire novel, but he did short stories. And I think Roy Thomas brought it to comic books--never as an independent title, but part of something else. Maybe those Giant Size comics from the early 70s?

That would be 'Worms of the Earth.' I believe he adapted it into a Conan story.

skip.knox

toujours gai, archie
I distinctly remember Bran Mak Morn. Maybe it was a black-and-white? Memory dims like a setting sun.

Insolent Lad

Maester
Unfortunately, I lost my entire comic collection to a flood in '93 so I can't corroborate one way or the other. But the original story was indeed one of the Bran Mak Morn tales.