• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Looking for an idea for a fantasy novel...

MereIllusion

Dreamer
If you're completely stuck, you can always pillage look through the Adopt A Fantasy Plot thread from the NaNoWriMo site.;)

Tom

Istar
Lock yourself in your room with your notebook and a pen and don't come out until you've written down at least three ideas. It works for me!

Draco99

Scribe
I think I finally have an idea... I may not be too good but I am up for constructive criticism! :)
Okay...

Their is a boy called Chaotic and a girl of the name Kate... Darkness surrounds them creeping into the world around them... Soon the two will collide and their life will NEVER be the same!
Chaotic is a 16 year old male, he is a apprentice in the art of the blacksmith. There are the occasional bandit raids but the small town of Morthrow will have to prepare for something big... Something very big.

Kate is a 16 and a half female... Her mother and father have just died and she is forced to live on the streets until she is taken away from a strange group of bandits... Locked away.

The world of Azrael will never be the same... The shadows are closing in and the darkness is growing...

Zak9

Scribe
Find inspiration. What are your other hobbies besides writing? Mine is music, fashion, and photography. When I listen to a song- it's hard to explain- ideas can just spring into the complex labyrinth in my head I call a brain. Interesting clothes or costumes can create characters for my story. My photography is a huge inspiration in my works (my photos, if you're interested). Every time I click the shutter, it's another page of my story beign written. Find your muse.

saellys

Inkling
I think I finally have an idea... I may not be too good but I am up for constructive criticism! :)
Okay...

Their is a boy called Chaotic and a girl of the name Kate... Darkness surrounds them creeping into the world around them... Soon the two will collide and their life will NEVER be the same!
Chaotic is a 16 year old male, he is a apprentice in the art of the blacksmith. There are the occasional bandit raids but the small town of Morthrow will have to prepare for something big... Something very big.

Kate is a 16 and a half female... Her mother and father have just died and she is forced to live on the streets until she is taken away from a strange group of bandits... Locked away.

The world of Azrael will never be the same... The shadows are closing in and the darkness is growing...

It sounds like you've worked primarily on ideas for characters and worldbuilding, so you have a good foundation. As an elevator pitch, this is very dramatic, but it doesn't give me much of a sense of your concept. What kind of darkness and shadows? What do you mean by "something big"? Why won't your characters and your world be the same? Develop those ideas to a point where you can give a detailed summary of the plot, and you'll have a nice quick start out of the gate. :)