• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Monshala is the name...

Monshala

Scribe
Hello to everyone. I'm new to the forum block, and would like to introduce myself. My name is, Monshala. For anyone who plays MW2 or MW3 on PS3, that's is also my name. I'm a family man. I love my wife and 3 boys to no end.
I've been creatively writing for a long time starting out when I was in grade school. A particular story to tell real quick is my teachers would assign book reports to be completed within a months time. Well, I always procrastinated. Even when the teachers would check in and ask for progress, I still waited until the last moment. I don't believe that I ever finished a book back then. Instead, I read the sleeve, and wrote my own story off of that thinking, "There's no way my teacher read this book."

Anyway, fast-forward, I went from D&D to Star Frontiers to Magic: The Gathering to harness my creativity for new worlds, and from it I've developed a world in which I've grown to adore (like we all do).

I'm joining this forum because I've read several entries, and it appears you all respect the craft and seem to be a good, humble family.

Criticism is the name of the game so if I do submit some pieces for critique, honesty is best. I don't know you and vice versa, but I'll respect your comments because at the end of the day I may hear more negatives than positives yet what that will do is make my work better.

Okay, was that enough? Too much? LOL.

Sparkie

Auror
Hi Monshala!

I haven't been a member that long, but I've been reading posts on this site for some months now. So I can say, at least in my experience, that this is a good group we have here. Sometimes we may disagree, but, if we do, respect is almost always shown towards others and their opinoins. I hope you find this forum as useful and enjoyable as I have.

Hope to read some of your posts real soon!

Monshala

Scribe
Sparkie... thanks much. Well, I thought I've been pretty secretive about my work simply because it's a jungle out there and everyone's out to get a nut. Perhaps I wrote that wrong, but I'm not categorizing people, I guess (as we all do) we want to show off our work to get a sense of its "worth" yet fear people might steal or interpret our work incorrectly. That's not to say anyone in this forum would, but I hadn't joined a forum prior to now because of that fear.

BUT, today is a new day. And I say, Sparkie, I'm ready to take a chance because I believe in my work, and feel that it can find a niche in the market. (Who hasn't woke up and said that to themselves in the bathroom mirror?) :) Anyway, that's where I'm at right now.

Welcome monshala and it was a perfect length. I see you have already posted enough, so hop on over to the showcase! I look forward to seeing your stuff. I would also recommend looking at other authors, works and seeing who has a similar style or world.