• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

My Male Chauvinistic writing style

srebak

Troubadour
I've spoken with some people, and a few of them say that i'm not sexist or anti-feminist. I want to believe them, but the fact remains; whenever i hear someone (on an online review or a commentary or documentary) say that it's a good thing that a female character isn't just a damsel-in-distress or a conquest for the male characters (which by all means, i should agree with), my mind takes the female characters from shows and movies that i like and makes it so that they say that it's a good thing to be a damsel-in-distress and male character's conquest, which is completely sexist disrespectful (to their characters and to women in general).

Jabrosky

Banned
I've spoken with some people, and a few of them say that i'm not sexist or anti-feminist. I want to believe them, but the fact remains; whenever i hear someone (on an online review or a commentary or documentary) say that it's a good thing that a female character isn't just a damsel-in-distress or a conquest for the male characters (which by all means, i should agree with), my mind takes the female characters from shows and movies that i like and makes it so that they say that it's a good thing to be a damsel-in-distress and male character's conquest, which is completely sexist disrespectful (to their characters and to women in general).
Honestly I wonder where this attitude is coming from. This sounds like it goes beyond the usual subconscious bias.