• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

NaNoWriMo 2023

A. E. Lowan

Forum Mom
Leadership
So, my monitor started flickering and checkerboarding, and my mice (yes, mice, both of them) decided to go belly up. God, I love November.

ThinkerX

Myth Weaver
Ugh...

Chapter seven is a wrap at 5800 words...but it is almost certain to shrink substantially during the rewrite. Worse, my crude outline will need serious revamping in a few more chapters.

Anyhow, the current official grand total is 23660 words.

I'm trying to pants my way out of this chapter. Its... slow... going.
I know the feeling. Writing when I have a clear idea of where I'm going always feels faster. Though it's not necessarily faster or better writing. But it certainly feels that way...

Have you reached the end of the chapter already?

A. E. Lowan

Forum Mom
Leadership
I know the feeling. Writing when I have a clear idea of where I'm going always feels faster. Though it's not necessarily faster or better writing. But it certainly feels that way...

Have you reached the end of the chapter already?
I've found that when I go back and reread, flares of 'inspiration' and days of getting it out word-by-word are indistinguishable. But yeah, I could use one of those inspired days right now. :p

And... nope! lol But probably today. I'm within 2 or 3 pages, I think.

I am stuck in the ditch, the mire, the bog, the muddy middle…whatever you call it, and I’m not even at the midpoint of the actual middle of the book yet. I just need to get two of my characters together and interacting in order to push the narrative along to get us well into act 2.

A. E. Lowan

Forum Mom
Leadership
I am stuck in the ditch, the mire, the bog, the muddy middle…whatever you call it, and I’m not even at the midpoint of the actual middle of the book yet. I just need to get two of my characters together and interacting in order to push the narrative along to get us well into act 2.
You can do it! :D And yes, the struggle is real.

48381696_2016378215121047_4705919151384821760_n.jpg

pmmg

Myth Weaver

Why are they not together?

Why are they not together?
Maybe that sounded as if it were a romantic thing. They are set to become friends, and have already had a brief encounter - now is the part where I need to write their burgeoning friendship, which I’ve planned as the main bulk of act 2 in a 3 act structure.

pmmg

Myth Weaver
Sounds like something where a romance can blossom. but...not if you don't write it that way.

Starts to storm, its all mucky outside. They find an abandoned house. It leaks and lets the wind in. She does not like spiders, he does not like being wet. They both have to tough it out. She sits all the way across the room from him and he is not interested. What do they talk about?

Sounds like something where a romance can blossom. but...not if you don't write it that way.

Starts to storm, its all mucky outside. They find an abandoned house. It leaks and lets the wind in. She does not like spiders, he does not like being wet. They both have to tough it out. She sits all the way across the room from him and he is not interested. What do they talk about?
If we’re talking about my story it’s two young women who become (platonic) friends.

pmmg

Myth Weaver
Well...that would be good to know from the start ;)

So...what do two young women talk about if left in the muck alone together?

Last edited:

pmmg

Myth Weaver
And that coming from sugar and spice and everything nice...

Are you still in your ditch?