• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Need Modern Material for Tough, Flexible Armor

Romy

Troubadour
Duck tape? Or gaffa...
Because fantasy characters get into troubles a lot, might be interesting to consider how to produce and maintain armor... Not as advanced first hand knowledge about kevlar armour but keep in mind regular 'armor' like bike helmets etc need to be replaced after an impact.
Or how to get a knight out of no longer shiny plate skinny briefs after a heavy troll encounter... (or just imagine hairy bottoms in chainmail... I know, "they did not wear metal underwear" but try to get that image out now...).

And well.. mitril has been worn as undergarments... by sort of hairy people...
 

Romy

Troubadour
Duck tape works better in my world... but mainly sold by quacks.
Medieval WD40 on the joints, just a tiny portable jar of pig fat.
 

A. E. Lowan

Forum Mom
Leadership
I think it has actually already been invented. I may have missed my opportunity on that one, but...if I ever need a tank for some whales, I will call you.
Fun fact: I am writing about therian whales right this very second. O.O
 

A. E. Lowan

Forum Mom
Leadership
Some would look odd, like this is cute, but one of our rabbits would look like Harvey from Hell.

1790374362979.jpeg
 
Top