• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

New girl in town

pmmg

Myth Weaver
Timelines only get harder to manage the further in you go.

I will confess to some impossible travel in my own story, I hope no one notices. For the most part, I try to leave time and distance pretty vague so no one can precisely map it out.

Timelines only get harder to manage the further in you go.

I will confess to some impossible travel in my own story, I hope no one notices. For the most part, I try to leave time and distance pretty vague so no one can precisely map it out.
Lol. I wish I could be that concise. Unfortunately I am a literal person and it shows heavily in my writing.

pmmg

Myth Weaver
In my books 1 and 2, the timelines match up pretty well. For those, I even went as far as to figure out the phases of the moon for each scene, but 3 is more scattered. There is only a fuzzy type of overlap. Mostly it is just the distances are great and I glossed over the....they spent 3 months sailing around the coast...part to just get to the destination in some areas.

In my books 1 and 2, the timelines match up pretty well. For those, I even went as far as to figure out the phases of the moon for each scene, but 3 is more scattered. There is only a fuzzy type of overlap. Mostly it is just the distances are great and I glossed over the....they spent 3 months sailing around the coast...part to just get to the destination in some areas.
Ahh. Yes. I tend to skip over days. Or go too much into detail about a particular one. Books that should be weeks or months in the shaping are done in like three weeks. They lived happily ever after. The End.

Hi Lish, and welcome here.
I agree your description of events for book 1 sounds like it has the full arc a story needs. I'm doing some major rewrites of my first book as well as ploughing into book 2. I think if I was doing a vampire in the real world I'd make him a billionaire with contract (very) small print that says each employee agrees to have their life essence tapped to feed the vampire - very different to your idea, and probably a lot less attractive to most people.

I agree your description of events for book 1 sounds like it has the full arc a story needs. I'm doing some major rewrites of my first book as well as ploughing into book 2. I think if I was doing a vampire in the real world I'd make him a billionaire with contract (very) small print that says each employee agrees to have their life essence tapped to feed the vampire - very different to your idea, and probably a lot less attractive to most people.
Actually that sounds amazing. Lol

I think there are a LOT of billionaire vampire / fae stories out there, mostly on Wattpad, mostly in the ‘romance’ category. 🙃

pmmg

Myth Weaver
Well...if a Vampire has a thousand years to build up wealth and can't.... that's a long time to not figure out how it works.

Well...if a Vampire has a thousand years to build up wealth and can't.... that's a long time to not figure out how it works.
What if wealth isn't his goal? Self-sufficiency and comfort are. Making sure that his people and their children can live comfortably through any turn of events that happens in the world outside.

pmmg

Myth Weaver
One thing about money, if you get enough to put any away, and let it ride for 1000 years, you wont be able to help but have a lot of it. You may even find you cannot spend it fast enough to keep it from growing....less you are the US ;) then you just have trillions in debt.

For Mr. Vampire, if he is living comfortably, is his house paid off? His car? What are his real expenses after he owns the stuff he wants? Does Comcast keep him poor with their internet costs?

Money ought to pile whether he wants it to or not.

One thing about money, if you get enough to put any away, and let it ride for 1000 years, you wont be able to help but have a lot of it. You may even find you cannot spend it fast enough to keep it from growing....less you are the US ;) then you just have trillions in debt.

For Mr. Vampire, if he is living comfortably, is his house paid off? His car? What are his real expenses after he owns the stuff he wants? Does Comcast keep him poor with their internet costs?

Money ought to pile whether he wants it to or not.
He has solar power, no comcast and their rising prices on Skinemax isn't keeping him up at night. He has sent those who wish to learn out for science and agriculture, so he has hydroponics. He also sells horses and clothing made in his castle. His castle is paid off and so his car. The car is mostly for the sorcerer's use since my Vampire King is a homebody. Don't ask me about internet. I tried to search self sufficiency on that and got nowhere.

pmmg

Myth Weaver
The internet was a joke.

Thing is, after while you pay everything off. The house and the car are the big expenses. After they are paid off, you start to keep most of your income.

So...with a good income, few expenses, and a 1000 years, one should have walking around money ;)

But....maybe he had some hard times.... He can be as poor as you like.

Ya know...I was like, is skinemax for real, and is it just what is sounds like? Yes, it is. Ummmm...maybe the vamps can go broke on that one ;)

Last edited:
The internet was a joke.

Thing is, after while you pay everything off. The house and the car are the big expenses. After they are paid off, you start to keep most of your income.

So...with a good income, few expenses, and a 1000 years, one should have walking around money ;)

But....maybe he had some hard times.... He can be as poor as you like.

Ya know...I was like, is skinemax for real, and is it just what is sounds like? Yes, it is. Ummmm...maybe the vamps can go broke on that one ;)
That's college funds for the kids. As to skinemax. Why have that when you are King and can choose your own entertainment?

pmmg

Myth Weaver
Well....I dont have a service like that, so I guess I would not have it in a thousand years either. But...I am 50 years in and I am no less interested...I suspect another 950 wont make much difference either.

Well....I dont have a service like that, so I guess I would not have it in a thousand years either. But...I am 50 years in and I am no less interested...I suspect another 950 wont make much difference either.
LMAO. I'm forty one and haven't needed the articles for twenty years.