• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

New girl in town

pmmg

Myth Weaver
It was about vampires. The rest...I am not sure I know.

Ive never seen such things as skinemax. Vampire probably haven't either.

It was about vampires. The rest...I am not sure I know.

Ive never seen such things as skinemax. Vampire probably haven't either.
Nah, he's a reader. Hustler is more his speed. Definitely for the articles. He studies to keep his mind from deteriorating. A thousand years is a long time.

pmmg

Myth Weaver
TBH, I am not even sure if those magazine are around anymore.

I've not seen them in years.

But Mr. Vamps may have some under his mattress. I would think, after so many years, he'd not really need them. He'd probably look at them and be like "Where was this for the last 900 years? Women aren't really like that."

Anyway...I'm gonna change the subject....cause the site would probably prefer to be in the Pg13 range.

TBH, I am not even sure if those magazine are around anymore.

I've not seen them in years.

But Mr. Vamps may have some under his mattress. I would think, after so many years, he'd not really need them. He'd probably look at them and be like "Where was this for the last 900 years? Women aren't really like that."

Anyway...I'm gonna change the subject....cause the site would probably prefer to be in the Pg13 range.
My Vampire King is loaded but doesn't really see wealth as a necessity since he doesn't deal with the outside world. Mikhail, his sorcerer advisor and Blake his second in command deals with the outside world.

Well...if a Vampire has a thousand years to build up wealth and can't.... that's a long time to not figure out how it works.
I've seen this before, and I think it tends to forget how easy it is to lose money, and how non-linear history tends to be.

It's the same as investors saying "if you would have invested a dollar in the S&P500 in 1900 you'd be a millionair now" or something similar. From a purely mathematical point of view, they are not wrong. However, a lot has happend in the mean time and it's not that simple. Not least of which is the fact that there was no way to invest in the S&P500 in 1900. You'd have to buy each individual stock and so on. The process wasn't as simple as logging into a broker and placing an order.

But also, maybe the vampire believed he knew better and invested half a billion in Pets.com in 1999. Or he had a very trustworthy bank offering a good interest rate in germany in 1922. Or he had a financial advisor who suddenly had his own luxury lifestyle, leaving the vampire broke. Or maybe he tied his fate and fortunes to Louis XVI. Or invested in tulip bulbs in the 1630's. Or any of the other thousands of places where he could lose his fortunes faster than he could gain them.

I've seen this before, and I think it tends to forget how easy it is to lose money, and how non-linear history tends to be.

It's the same as investors saying "if you would have invested a dollar in the S&P500 in 1900 you'd be a millionair now" or something similar. From a purely mathematical point of view, they are not wrong. However, a lot has happend in the mean time and it's not that simple. Not least of which is the fact that there was no way to invest in the S&P500 in 1900. You'd have to buy each individual stock and so on. The process wasn't as simple as logging into a broker and placing an order.

But also, maybe the vampire believed he knew better and invested half a billion in Pets.com in 1999. Or he had a very trustworthy bank offering a good interest rate in germany in 1922. Or he had a financial advisor who suddenly had his own luxury lifestyle, leaving the vampire broke. Or maybe he tied his fate and fortunes to Louis XVI. Or invested in tulip bulbs in the 1630's. Or any of the other thousands of places where he could lose his fortunes faster than he could gain them.
Or he doesn't believe in banks at all and has his cash stored in his mattresses like so many did during the Great Depression. The castle goes up in flames, so does his cash. The idea was to make him self-sufficient. His wealth is not measured in monetary value but in the happiness and contentment of his castles. He's invested some to make sure that there is a college fund for those humans and vampires that wish to seek knowledge elsewhere. He encourages this since doctors, engineers, teachers for the children will be needed to support his community. He thinks of the future while remembering the past.