• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

New to writing

Daeldalus

Dreamer
Hello there everyone

I am new to writing stories but read a great deal and have made up stories in my head for years for my own personal enjoyment. I have now decided to write out a short(er) story from one of my settings half to see for myself if I can finish something like this and half to see if my stories are liked by others as much as i enjoy them.

I hope that this forum will be a friendly resource to make my book better than i could have made it alone. when i get done writing and proof reading the first chapter i may even release it on here to have it read over and corrected and commented on.

Svrtnsse

Staff
Article Team
Go for it!

It's similar to what I'm doing. Writing out a story, just to see if I can pull it off and what I can learn from it. This site has been a great source of help and advice.
The advice is sometimes harsh, but always helpful and given with good intentions. I hope you'll benefit from this site and the community as much as I have.

I'll try and keep an eye on the showcase forum to see when you post something.

Sam Evren

Troubadour
Welcome Daeldalus! I'm really new myself, and I can tell you these folks are quite warm and friendly! I honestly don't know that you could find a more friendly resource. I say that as someone who, until a few days ago, didn't believe that such a welcoming site could be found. I was more than pleasantly surprised; I like to think you will be, too.

GeekDavid

Auror
Welcome!

Pull up a chair and hop into a discussion... or start one of your own! Just check the chair for cats or halflings in it. Both object to being sat on.