1. Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us.

Notifications

Discussion in 'Ask the Staff' started by teacup, Mar 19, 2013.

1. teacup

teacup Auror

Well I'm pretty new here but I realised that I'm not getting any notifications from when someone replied to a post of mine, just "thanks" and private messages.
    I really think notifications would be good for when I get a reply.
    I just think it would be good to be told that I have a reply rather than having to search back for the forum or post to see if anyone else has added to it or replied to me.

2. Ireth

Ireth Myth Weaver

I believe there's an option for receiving email notifications of replies to posts; it should be in your Settings, if I'm correct.

teacup likes this.
  3. Nihal

Nihal Vala

If I'm right you get automatically subscribed to the topics you do reply (if not there must be some option somewhere to do this). It's not like a notification system, but it's useful anyway. You can check them here: http://mythicscribes.com/forums/subscription.php

(Ninja'd by Ireth. And yes, it's the e-mail setting of subscribed threads.)

teacup likes this.
  4. teacup

teacup Auror

Oh okay then, I'll give it a look

5. teacup

teacup Auror

Yes you're both right thanks
    (Quite new as I said.)

6. Devor

Devor Fiery Keeper of the Hat Moderator

I'm fairly sure that there's nothing in the system which keeps track of replies that are made specifically to your post. I also don't believe you can tinker with the settings for the red-bar-messages you receive through the system. If you were to get red-bar notifications for every thread you had posted in, you'd be overwhelmed quickly. You can subscribe to threads and receive email notifications, but that's about it.

teacup likes this.