1. Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us.

Random thoughts

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by SeverinR, May 14, 2013.

1. Chessie

Chessie Guest

Also the reason why Fallout Chloe doesn't take Dogmeat along on her adventures anymore. Although he doesn't die (none of the followers in Fallout can), his painful yelps when he gets hurt are absolutely tear jerking. So he sports his camo bandana and guards her settlements instead and I don't have to cry my way through applying a stimpak.

2. Reaver

Reaver Kwisatz Haderach Moderator

For me, it all started with Dogmeat in the original Fallout on PC.

(Yes young people, Fallout existed before the year 2000.)

In that version Dogmeat can die, which is why I never took him on dangerous missions. He sure did love riding around the wasteland in the car though.

Anyways... Good ol' Dogmeat...

[​IMG]

Best. NPC. Ever.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2016
    SaltyDog likes this.
  3. Chessie

Chessie Guest

How about Rex in New Vegas? The cyborg dog idea was by far my favorite.

I've never played FO1 & 2 but fell in love with Tactics, 3 and Vegas. :)

Reaver likes this.
  4. Reaver

Tactics is cool. I highly recommend FO1 & especially 2. The cyborg dog makes its first appearance in 2. In fact, there is a robodog and a cyborg dog in Fallout 2. It's funny because the cyborg dog talks and the robodog just barks and makes whirring and clicking noises.

I also recommend Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel.

*****EDIT********

I forgot to mention that there's a hidden location in Fallout 2 where you find Dogmeat and if you're wearing the Vault Dweller suit, he'll follow you.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2016
  5. Chessie

Chessie Guest

Oooh, thanks for the heads up! My husband is a huge Fallout fan and has been playing the games since OG times, just like with TES. He's recommended that I give 1 & 2 a shot someday. I have so many games on my to-be-played list it's not even funny.

Reaver likes this.
  6. Reaver

Very cool! If you like old school dungeon crawlers, check out Dungeon Siege and Dungeon Siege: Legends of Aranna. The story line is very trope-y but the gameplay is great and you can create an adventure party with up to seven NPC's.

Here's my party:

[​IMG]

7. Chessie

Chessie Guest

Dude, that looks awesome! Thanks for the recommendation. Another game to try out. :D I'm assuming it's not on Steam...

Reaver likes this.
  8. Reaver

As far as I know, not yet. You can get a used version for pretty cheap on Amazon or ebay. Because it was developed by Microsoft, it works well on Windows 10.

Legends of Aranna is an expansion and includes the original Dungeon Siege.

Here's how the game starts:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2017
  9. Chessie

Chessie Guest

That looks right up my alley. Going to look for it on Amazon and see what I can find.

Reaver likes this.
  10. Reaver

Nice! I could talk about Dungeon Siege for hours. It has a high replay value because there are a lot of hidden areas to discover.

Add to that the hundreds of spells, weapons, monsters plus the fact that you can make your character look anyway you want and voila: you have an awesomely fun game!

Last edited: Nov 26, 2016
  11. *wishing I was even remotely a gamer*

I wanna play Skyrim but sadly I live with an 8 year old who is home all the time so I can't. :/

12. SaltyDog

SaltyDog Sage

You ever thought about Star Wars Battlefront? Probably one of the best games I have ever played.

13. What console(s)?

I love Star Wars, so...

SaltyDog likes this.
  14. Tom

Tom Istar

Battlefront is so good! I have PS3, so I can't play it at home, but I have played some of it at a friend's house. Probably my favorite Star Wars game besides Force Unleashed.

SaltyDog likes this.
  15. SaltyDog

SaltyDog Sage

Yeah it is Tom!

And I play on PC through origin, DotA.

16. La Volpe

La Volpe Sage

I was just about to say, "wait what" to Chesterama's post. I only know Dogmeat through Fallout 1, and he died every time I played. And I give him the skewer of meat every time, even though I know he's going to die a tragic death soon after.

Such a good dog. I try so hard to keep him alive, but to no avail.

Reaver likes this.
  17. Svrtnsse

Svrtnsse Staff Article Team

I just came across a band called "Dancing About Architectures" which I found to be highly amusing. Unfortunately I wasn't in the mood for their kind of music, but I may get back to it later.

18. Ban

Ban Sir Laserface Article Team

19. Jackarandajam

Jackarandajam Troubadour

I hope the show gets a decent budget. I tried to watch The Shannarra Chronicles one... they could have used some slightly more expensive actors.

20. Ban

Ban Sir Laserface Article Team

Hope so too. I think having such a high quality musician on board is a good omen for the project in total at least.