1. Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us.

Random thoughts

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by SeverinR, May 14, 2013.

1. That's part of my problem; I have less time to talk about writing when I need to actually write. But yeah...The forums seemed to be much more active when I first joined.

It's been nearly a year, hasn't it? O_O

2. Ban

Ban Sir Laserface Article Team

Well I'm still fairly active.

Procrastinating as always...

3. FifthView

FifthView Istar

Over the last week, I've actually had some questions and problems I've considered posting about, issues relating to my current project, but these have seemed like things I needed to resolve on my own. Just that feeling that I needed to work through them by writing, planning, brainstorming, on my own.

4. My son just jumped off the trampoline. Two year olds. *shakes head.

5. ThinkerX

ThinkerX Myth Weaver

Cussler gives credit to his 'cowriters' now. I was referring to his older works that cited him as full author. I had doubts about that then and now.

As to popularity, he has three things going for him:

1 - an active, intense writing style with plenty of tension and cliffhangers;

2 - a successful time worn plot;

3 - and name recognition.

6. Elena and Sophia are two Disney channel shows about princesses that have ever present themes of noblesse oblige. It's driving me crazy and I don't know why.

7. SaltyDog

SaltyDog Sage

Well...after a long break from writing and this community I've returned. Unfortunately, due to life and school in general, I have been extremely busy. So busy in fact that I got to a point where writing lost it's appeal. But...I'm back at it again, and hope to finish my rough draft by the end of the summer. I'll also try to be a little more active here with the scribes, lol.

Ban likes this.
  8. May the Fourth be with you. Happy Star Wars day everyone!

SaltyDog, DragonOfTheAerie and Ireth like this.
  9. Ban

Never seen Star Wars, but tomorrow is Liberation day so I'll celebrate with you anyway.

Plus I like the pun.

10. FifthView

FifthView Istar

Not 15 minutes ago, a co-worker complained that she was tired of reading "May the Fourth be with you" on her Facebook threads. I responded that I don't spend my time perusing a site like Facebook, but maybe I'd see it later if I visited Twitter....

11. I have no idea what I'm writing. I might even be writing both the first book and the sequel all at once. :eek: I keep running into roadblocks...

12. La Volpe

La Volpe Sage

What.

Banten, how... how could you? And that with an arguably Star Wars-inspired avatar.

Edit:
    Also, welcome back, Salty. I almost missed your post there.

Last edited: May 4, 2017
  13. Ban

Oh no, that's a holiday picture of me offering eucalyptus to passersby. No Star Wars involved.

Just never sat down to watch them. I think I get most of the references anyway and I know how the story goes due to the prevalence of these movies in pop culture, so I never saw the point in actually watching any of them.

14. Hiya! Welcome back :D

SaltyDog likes this.
  15. I will find you, chain you to a couch and make you a Star Wars fan.

16. Ban

Ha, too bad. As is evident from my profile pic, I live in a tree. No couches allowed and i'm not coming down.

Checkmate.

17. I prefer Star Trek myself. *dives behind the couch for cover*

18. pmmg

pmmg Auror

Trekkies would be part of the Empire.

19. pmmg

pmmg Auror

Never saw them? Dude, you have some homework to do. You can skip the prequels, and Lucas edited stuff. Just the original releases.

20. ^^I'm not a Trekkie, or a Trekker.