• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Random thoughts

There's only a handful of love stories that resonate with me. I'm as picky about love as I am about everything else! :D

My favourites, of course...

Tessa and Will/Jem [The Infernal Devices]
Thingol and Melian [The Silmarillion]
Beren and Luthien [The Silmarillion]
Cloud and Tifa [Final Fantasy VII]
Zack and Aeris [Final Fantasy VII]
Tidus and Yuna [Final Fantasy X]
Haku and Chihiro [Spirited Away]
Nagisa and Tomoya [Clannad]
Sakura and Syaoran [Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle]
Ashura and Yasha [RG Veda/Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle]
Clare and Teresa [Claymore]

writers-block-calvin-and-hobbes.jpg

Reactions: Tom
Calvin in my role-model for life.
Hobbes is who I want to become.

When I was a teen, I bought those book-length collections of Calvin and Hobbes. Also, Bloom County. They might be packed away somewhere still, although I've lost track of them. I was a huge fan. I think they influenced me greatly.

Last edited:

La Volpe

Sage
When I was a teen, I bought those book-length collections of Calvin and Hobbes. Also, Bloom County. They might be packed away somewhere still, although I've lost track of them. I was a huge fan. I think they influenced me greatly.

I only discovered Calvin & Hobbes a few years ago, to the detriment of my childhood. It's one of the best (or dare I say, the best?) comic strips I've ever read, and I'm quite annoyed that the newspapers over here didn't print strips of Calvin & Hobbes along with the usual Hägar and Peanuts strips.

pmmg

Myth Weaver
Calvin and Hobbs is great, but I think the Far Side holds the prize for best. My Opinion. Calvin and Hobbs is a close second though.

And if you have not seen the Far Side, you have homework to do.

Last edited:

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
I only discovered Calvin & Hobbes a few years ago, to the detriment of my childhood. It's one of the best (or dare I say, the best?) comic strips I've ever read, and I'm quite annoyed that the newspapers over here didn't print strips of Calvin & Hobbes along with the usual Hägar and Peanuts strips.
Bill Watterson had very strict rules/ideals on how his strips were printed. And the popularity of the strips gave him the power to say No when he didn't get his way. That limited the number of newspapers that were willing or able to take them.

La Volpe

Sage
Calvin and Hobbs is great, but I think the Far Side holds the prize for best. My Opinion. Calvin and Hobbs is a close second though.

And if you have not seen the Far Side, you have homework to do.

I looked that up, and from what snippets I could see, the Far Side is hilarious. I'd be a hard pitch to knock Calvin & Hobbes off the podium, but the Far Side is at the least a strong contender.

Thanks for the recommendation, I shall endeavour to find more of that.

Bill Watterson had very strict rules/ideals on how his strips were printed. And the popularity of the strips gave him the power to say No when he didn't get his way. That limited the number of newspapers that were willing or able to take them.

Sigh. Well, what can you do, I guess.

My anxiety is getting worse. I felt very content and happy this morning, almost like it didn't exist, but I woke up from a nap completely messed up after having a nightmare (I don't usually have nightmares unless I'm having anxiety) and then I very nearly went into an anxiety attack (I was able to calm down a little after spending some time on the phone with a friend). Still. All the worries I felt completely free of earlier today are crushing me in and I feel like I'll never get out.

I hate my head sometimes.

Nomadica

Troubadour
My anxiety is getting worse. I felt very content and happy this morning, almost like it didn't exist, but I woke up from a nap completely messed up after having a nightmare (I don't usually have nightmares unless I'm having anxiety) and then I very nearly went into an anxiety attack (I was able to calm down a little after spending some time on the phone with a friend). Still. All the worries I felt completely free of earlier today are crushing me in and I feel like I'll never get out.

I hate my head sometimes.

I don't know if what I'm about to say will be any help or if you'v already tried it but...
I have a friend who had such bad depression she was quite suicidal growing up and as a young adult. last time I saw her last summer she was happy. She sold me how she changed her diet, I cant remember the name of the diet but she said it was similar to the GAPS diet which I am familiar with. She said within a few weeks she started smiling. I know a lot of things can cause anxiety and depression. Diet might be one thing to try. We are just learning about how much diet and the internal flora and fauna effect the brain including anxiety, depression, learning disabilities, psychosis. I've read that most of the bodies serration is created in the gut. It's one thing to explore.

I don't know if what I'm about to say will be any help or if you'v already tried it but...
I have a friend who had such bad depression she was quite suicidal growing up and as a young adult. last time I saw her last summer she was happy. She sold me how she changed her diet, I cant remember the name of the diet but she said it was similar to the GAPS diet which I am familiar with. She said within a few weeks she started smiling. I know a lot of things can cause anxiety and depression. Diet might be one thing to try. We are just learning about how much diet and the internal flora and fauna effect the brain including anxiety, depression, learning disabilities, psychosis. I've read that most of the bodies serration is created in the gut. It's one thing to explore.

Yeah there are probably lots of factors. For me the anxiety tends to come and go, without any specific triggers. I've pinpointed that exercise helps, but idk if i've looked much into diet yet. Thanks for the suggestions though.

pmmg

Myth Weaver
Well. A pschiatrist can proscribe drugs
and a theraist cant far as i know. Maybe you need more help than a theraist can provide.

That they need to make Who Framed Roger Rabbit 2 and this time make it set in the 2000s and have some Pixar, Dreamworks, and Illumination characters in it. Could you imagine Gru and Mr. Incredible? Or Maui meeting Poe? Perfect. Or the Simpsons meeting Mickey the Mouse?

Last edited:

Ban

Troglodytic Trouvère
Article Team
Making the original Robot Unicorn Attack game my starting page was the smartest thing I have done this year.

"Open your eyes and see. Your eyes are open. Wear No disguise for me. Come into the Open."

Addison

Auror
I recently discovered the perks of Google Docs. After I cleaned up my computer docs and such I realized what writing software I have. In my writing programs I have, Google Docs, Microsoft Pages, Scrivener, Hemingway Editor and ProWriting Aid. So I have two editing softwares and three writing softwares. My dad asked if I need them all. I reviewed them carefully and said, "Yes". Apparently I said it with the same tone as when he asks "Don't you have enough books?" after I come out of Barnes and Noble with a bulging bag of new goodies.