1. Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us.

Random thoughts

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by SeverinR, May 14, 2013.

1. Happy fathers day to all you dads, honorary dads, dads that be, etc. May you get the frosty beverage of your choice, to play or do the old man game or activity of your choice (mine was golf yesterday will Old Man Allen (OMA)), and to sleep in.

Ban and Aurora like this.
  2. Aurora

Aurora Sage

I received my first set of royalties from Amazon in the amount of $30. Ha. It's better than zero dollars and it's honestly kind of cool.

TheCrystallineEntity and Ireth like this.
  3. So what am I waiting for? Honestly, what? In the end, I'm only holding myself back.

4. Aurora

Aurora Sage

Do it! Publishing is fun! It's hard work and takes some figuring out but it's all stuff one can learn. Don't let it intimidate you.

5. ^I'm sure glad I found a self-publishing website that is reliable. All that's really left to do is paint a cover.

6. Aurora

Aurora Sage

What website is it, if you don't mind me asking? Because you can do all of that stuff yourself for the most part.

7. What do you do when you need to take your contacts out but your infant wakes up if she doesn't feel the pressure of your hand on her chest? Why put the thickest paper back you own on her chest. Thank Brandon Sanderson and his Way of Kings for saving me last night!

Aurora and Russ like this.
  8. ^^It's lulu.com/create/books. I'm having trouble with the formatting, though; the file I have is too large [as in centimeters, not length], and I don't know how to change it.

9. Aurora

Aurora Sage

Yikes, I don't know. Right now I'm only doing ebook and moving to audio. Indie books don't sell print in high numbers.

10. Geo

Geo Troubadour

Sometimes is soul crushing to realize that all your hard work means little when the judgment is given by a lazy twit. Just feeling despondent I suppose. Some of the occupational hazards of my day job.

11. Tom

Tom Istar

Wow, I've been gone for awhile! I just got home from 2 weeks in Albuquerque and I'm extremely jetlagged but happy to be back. Hopefully I'll be able to keep better tabs on MS now. I missed talking with everyone.

12. ^^^What do you mean 'Yikes'? :confused:

^Hello! Nice to see you again!

Tom likes this.
  13. La Volpe

La Volpe Sage

Hey, Tom!

Glad to have you back (not that I would have known that you were away, given that I've been quite inactive as well, due to starting a new job). What were you doing in Albuquerque?

Tom likes this.
  14. Tom

Tom Istar

Hi Volpe! It's good to see you.

I went down to Albuquerque to visit some friends. I've been to northern New Mexico a couple of times, so we just hung out instead of doing touristy stuff. One of my friends has a Subaru street racer so we did a lot of night driving in the city.

We went camping up the mountains, too, and got within a mile or two of the Bonita wildfire that's burning in Carson National Forest right now. At night we could see the red glow of the fire just over the mountain ridge reflected off the smoke cover. Some smoke jumpers were stationed as lookouts just up the road from our campsite and we got to talk to them while watching their helicopter drop water on the fire. It was pretty cool!

15. Is my satire not actually satire or is it that I'm so subtle and obscure in my jokes that no one gets them anyway?

16. Addison

Addison Auror

Just posted the start of a fun story on Wattpad, seemed fun. Not sure if the story will ever see any real publication but...what the heck.
    If you like, check out chapter one of my story Return of the Magical: Return Of The Magical - Broken Seal - Wattpad

17. "If you don't see the book you want on the shelf, write it." - Beverly Cleary

C. S. Lewis said something similar.

18. Well, I did it. I mowed my lawn. Not my parents lawn, not a landlords lawn, my lawn. It was blazing. But it was great and my two year old helped with his toy lawnmower. Now it really feels like I bought s house.

Svrtnsse likes this.
  19. It seems rather quiet around here lately. Or is it just temporal mechanics messing me up?

20. Tom

Tom Istar

It has been a bit quiet around here. I didn't participate this year, but I know that Camp NaNoWriMo just wrapped up, so a lot of folks have probably been concentrating on that. Or it could be a summer slump. Things'll pick back up soon.