• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Random thoughts

^My new book is about a race of bird-ish humanoid-ish winged beings, but the main character has her wings fused to her arms. She also has a twin that only she can see.

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Confucius Chinese thinker and philosopher said:
Tell me, and I will forget. Show me, and I may remember. Involve me, and I will understand.
Saw this today and thought it very apt. It maybe from Confucius, or Benjamin Franklin. I don't really care.

Last edited:

SeverinR

Vala
"Sir Ulrich Von Lichtenstein of Gelderland"
So...he's a Gelding?

(Knight's tale)
Random is the title of the thread. lol

Tom

Istar
Camping this weekend was...interesting. On one hand, I got to return to one of my favorite corners of New York and hang out with a ton of friends I haven't seen in ages. On the other hand, I had a migraine for three of the four days I was there, and the neighbors at the campsite next to us got drunk and started chopping down live trees. Which is illegal in state parks here. Oh well. The spectacular glacial waterfalls and dense, mossy old-growth pine forest more than made up for it.

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
I want to go book shopping, but I have like 30 unread books on my shelf that I bought or received as gifts within the past year.
Neophyte! :p
I stopped counting when I got to 250 unread books and had about as many left to sort out.
Some are resources on information you can't find on the web but most are books by authors I like but never seem to get around to reading.
Thinking about it....
My name is CupofJoe and I am a bookaholic. It has been three days since I last bought a book.