• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Random thoughts

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Oh no no no no. Crumpets are perfect... Toasted and then buttered with LOTS of butter and a little Damson Jam with a side of crispy salty bacon... Cold morning heaven! Or a great after-walk snuggled by the fire snack... Okay now I'm hungry.

Oh no no no no. Crumpets are perfect... Toasted and then buttered with LOTS of butter and a little Damson Jam with a side of crispy salty bacon... Cold morning heaven! Or a great after-walk snuggled by the fire snack... Okay now I'm hungry.
Knowing what a crumpet is is also a prerequisite to understanding cricket.

I remember a time when I was a younger man. Falling back was great, I got my hour of sleep back. Now? The kids wake up after the same raw number of hours slept but disregard the numbers on the clock.

Let me sleep for one more hour!

But alas, that is not to be.

Apparently, "chock-a-block" is the British spelling, and "chockablock" is the American. From what I can gather after a couple searches. (y)

(Oxford vs Merriam-Webster.)

Boo's curled up in a woven basket. *cuteness overload*

Aww!

So we have some semi-feral cats that we feed, but do little else with. One of them had kittens (she's one of the wilder of the cats and won't let you near her) and apparently refused to take care of them, or was unable. Anyway, I think the others died, but we saved one and named him Winston Purrchill. So now we have a cat. If a very little baby one.

Winston is about five weeks old, and we're feeding him with formula. He likes to nom feet and hands. If you tap your foot, he'll hunch down on the ground and "stalk" it, then jump on it. He's a brown tabby with beautiful markings and a super thick, plush coat. He's so soft, when you pet him you can just feel all your worries melt away. Until he starts trying to eat your hands, of course...

Winston lives in an unused Jacuzzi tub currently. he's too little to jump out, but that will change really soon.

Tom

Istar
Winston sounds similar to my cat, Rascal! He's also a brown tabby with gorgeous markings. He's a nervous wreck who spends all day when I'm at school or work sleeping on my bed because he's afraid to venture far without me, and then when I come home he acts as my second shadow. He'd probably be too clingy and high-strung for anyone else, but I love him.

Winston sounds similar to my cat, Rascal! He's also a brown tabby with gorgeous markings. He's a nervous wreck who spends all day when I'm at school or work sleeping on my bed because he's afraid to venture far without me, and then when I come home he acts as my second shadow. He'd probably be too clingy and high-strung for anyone else, but I love him.

They all have their quirks of course, but we love them still.

Same with people :p

Reactions: Tom