• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Random thoughts

Why is facebook suggesting to me some complete strangers in the people you may know section ?
I never seen these people, we don't live in the same city, and all of them are ugly losers. I bet facebook sugest hot sucsesfull people to most users.
:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Why is facebook suggesting to me some complete strangers in the people you may know section ?
I never seen these people, we don't live in the same city, and all of them are ugly losers. I bet facebook sugest hot sucsesfull people to most users.
:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:
My FaceBook account is very old, back when you could use aliases, so I am not me or even CoJ.
FB's algorithm still managed to pair me up with a friend/collaborator of the guy I work/share an office with, who isn't on FB under their own name either...

Ban

Troglodytic Trouvère
Article Team
Here's a little non-rhyming poem I wrote for my blogsite-thingy, which I wanted to share. Hope this is the right place :)

Something to write on a Big Stone

⊕ This is my stone ⊕
It is not special, unless you wish it to be.
It is mine, only because I say it is.
I think it is a stone because I’ve seen other stones.
It might not be a stone.
The only way to see if this is a stone is to break it open,
⊗ which I do not recommend because it is my stone ⊗

Chessie2

Staff
Article Team
My father-in-law is shucking crab in the kitchen and I hear our Siamese crying her heart out all the way across the house. :p

It's happened to all of us. It's just past midnight and you can't find your master list of ways to kill people.

#imawriteriswear

That aside I just spent twenty minutes bookmarking important stuff in my notebooks with sticky notes because i have like 20 of them and none are organized.

Tom

Istar
It feels like I haven't been on MS in so long, wow. School got very intense toward the end of the semester, but yesterday was my last day of classes! A friend and I went out to the Irish pub near campus to celebrate and we were there for more than two hours. It felt so amazing not to worry about deadlines...

pmmg

Myth Weaver
Well, ignoring that...

A human and an elf walk into a bar, but the dwarf laughs and walks under it.

ThinkerX

Myth Weaver
My Dad died this morning at 3 am in his homestead home. He was 84, a 'pillar of the community' sort, one of the original homesteaders in the area, welder on the trans-Alaska pipeline, master electrician, expert mechanic, helped found the local volunteer fire department. I strongly suspected since last Christmas that 2017 would be his last year, though I dared hope otherwise. He is survived by his wife (91 and still going strong), myself and my two younger brothers, plus more younger relatives than I can easily keep track of. This was one of the things that had me too distracted to focus on writing the last couple of months.

Ban

Troglodytic Trouvère
Article Team
Rations for various RPG Races (From wats6831 on /r/RPG)

For anyone around here who is as invested in food as me, the threat that I linked to shows pictures of what someone imagines trail rations to be like for various fantasy races. It's pretty great, here's one example for gnomes:
q0kvxn7.jpg

Ban

Troglodytic Trouvère
Article Team
Keep it up Banten, I could get addicted to those kind of photos.

I am invested in food as well

I'm in the GRR Martin camp when it comes to food. I almost like reading about fantasy food more than actually reading fantasy. If I find another one I'll be sure to share it :D