• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Random thoughts

Tom

Istar
We had a Yellow weather alert the other day, for temperatures up to 27 C (80f). It's very warm for Ireland.
It hasn't gotten above 70f in a week or so here. We had a scorching hot spring--in April we jumped from a snowstorm to 90f weather and a wildfire alert in the space of a week. It seems like summer so far is trying to balance it all out.

Chessie2

Staff
Article Team
As with all Western states, it's so big that there's much variety. Northern Idaho is much like around Wenatchee--fir and pine, scattered lakes, plenty of snow in the winter. Southern Idaho, otoh, is desert. Yeah, the Sawtooths are dramatic, but mostly it's a thin layer of soil over basalt and sagebrush for days. This is disguised somewhat by the flow of big rivers--the Salmon, Boise, Payette, and most of all the Snake, which spawns a network of canals and attendant farms. Get five feet beyond the reach of water, and it's back to sagebrush and rattlesnakes. Go a thousand miles south and it looks exactly the same.
It sounds amazing. We looked heavily at Idaho before falling in love with Wenatchee (plus my husband scored a really good job here). Being from Alaska, this is all new to us. My son still gets excited when he rubs the sagebrush and it smells like sage, lol. We found this awesome trail in East Wenatchee that loops around the Colombia River and has all these interconnected streams with lush trees & vegetation (and snakes!!) that we wade in almost daily. Let's just say that none of us miss Alaska anymore.

We had a Yellow weather alert the other day, for temperatures up to 27 C (80f). It's very warm for Ireland.

80 Fahrenheit?

*Southeastern American cackling*

During May our air conditioning was out and it was 85 in the house during the day for a few weeks. Luckily we got that fixed before it got into the 90's outside. Our pool got too hot to swim in.

80 Fahrenheit?

*Southeastern American cackling*

During May our air conditioning was out and it was 85 in the house during the day for a few weeks. Luckily we got that fixed before it got into the 90's outside. Our pool got too hot to swim in.
Seriously, 80 degrees. That's a fine summer evening here. Best golf weather is about that temperature. 80 degrees. Pfft. Come talk to me when it's a hundred out.

Tom

Istar
It hasn't gotten above 70f in a week or so here. We had a scorching hot spring--in April we jumped from a snowstorm to 90f weather and a wildfire alert in the space of a week. It seems like summer so far is trying to balance it all out.

NEVERMIND. It's been 90f the last two days. I don't want this.

Tom

Istar
I think I pulled a muscle at work this weekend. One of my feet hurt so I was compensating for it as I walked around all day, and now the outside of my calf hurts. This job is so bad for my body. Walking on poured concrete floors 35 hours a week takes a toll.

I think I pulled a muscle at work this weekend. One of my feet hurt so I was compensating for it as I walked around all day, and now the outside of my calf hurts. This job is so bad for my body. Walking on poured concrete floors 35 hours a week takes a toll.

Ouch. It seems to me like everyone under 35ish is aging prematurely. Too much stress. Too much of this harsh, unnatural world.

Reactions: Tom

Tom

Istar
Ouch. It seems to me like everyone under 35ish is aging prematurely. Too much stress. Too much of this harsh, unnatural world.
To be fair, I also have multiple sports injuries from high school and hypermobile joints. And I wear converse instead of proper footwear because I'm vain. Those are definitely contributing factors. But yeah, everyone my age is so tired all the time. It's depressing when you're supposed to be in the prime of your life and you already feel like your body is falling apart around you.

To be fair, I also have multiple sports injuries from high school and hypermobile joints. And I wear converse instead of proper footwear because I'm vain. Those are definitely contributing factors. But yeah, everyone my age is so tired all the time. It's depressing when you're supposed to be in the prime of your life and you already feel like your body is falling apart around you.

Us millenials/Gen Z are a barely surviving bunch and all anyone does is bitch about how lazy, ungrateful, and stupid we are.

Like happy birthday dragon, want to constantly question whether your mental illness, attention issues and executive dysfunction exists or if you're just lazy and undeserving of life and work yourself into breakdowns trying to feel normal? No? Too bad.

Lol about the converse though.