• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Random thoughts

h e l p

so something has happened??? when i was 15, i was both the person i was when i was 12 and the person i am now in part. but now i am not the person i was when i was 12 though still partly the person i was when i was 15

idk i just had this massive epiphany earlier about how I can't really access 12 year old me anymore, like for a while i was both the present me and the past me, but now the past me is very foreign and i read my writings from that time as entirely from the outside and not at all partly from inside.

It freaks me out.

What if you are all versions of you, and what if everything is the present moment, including memories?

When you get home from grocery shopping, and the very first item you take from one of ten bags is a package of Keebler Coconut Dreams cookies so you have to pause, open it, and eat about ten before putting up the rest of the groceries.

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
I've discovered a new favourite word...
Tsundoku meaning "buying reading material and piling it up unread"
I don't know how many books I have and will read one-day [but have not yet]. It is a lot.

Reactions: Tom
Should I be worried?

hVyilMQ.png

pmmg

Myth Weaver
Wow, just got a call from a very nice woman in the publishing industry. I had to transcribe it but she said all of the below:

Hello, good afternoon,

I am leaving a message for the author Patrick Green

Patrick this is Irene Z**** from readers magnet and I am calling about your book entitled 'The millionaire Journey: A guide for anyone to reach Financial Freedom'. This was published last year under the genre of business and personal finance. Your book, Patrick, was highly recommended to us by professional book researchers. Due to your amazing average customer reviews on Amazon having five stars and we are very much interested in representing this in the literary industry cause we believe your book has potential. It would be great if we can talk so we can share to you our plans, our goals for the book. We are hoping if we can come up with a best platform for this material. Give us a call back at XXX-XXX-XXXX ext. XXXX..."

This is really great, BUT.....there is one small detail. I never wrote such a book. And further, anyone taking my advice on how to become a millionaire need to do more research. And whatever they figure out, they can tell me.

Not sure if this was a scam, she seemed like a real thing, but clearly she has me confused with someone else. Bummer. If she wants fantasy fiction, somewhat traditional, with male patriarchy and religious themes....Ah well.

Chessie2

Staff
Article Team
The viscacha. A real life pikachu. We saw one on t.v. the other day and I couldn't believe my eyes. Absolutely repulsive, lol.
c7cd227a4ed9258ca76affcb9f9413df.jpg

pmmg

Myth Weaver
Well...I suppose ive done it mostly the way you describe. A whole rewrite, maybe once or twice. But I am not sure re-write is really the most accurate word. Its more kind of like heavy editing.

pmmg

Myth Weaver
Well, I have heavily edited to the point that it might be almost no original words were left behind.... But I don't think I would do a complete rewrite unless it had gotten lost, or the story just was not working (which, incidentally, seems to be the case with my current WIP).

I'm stuck in a quagmire of unfortunate implications revolving around a nihilistic madman, his ghost, his actions in the past, and flimsy justifications that only create more problems, and I don't know how to get out.

pmmg

Myth Weaver
I would think more problems would be good. Best advice I can give is write through it. If it don't work, you can cut a bit and go a different way.

pmmg

Myth Weaver
Heh heh....problems a character creates for other characters makes for good stage business and character interactions. Add complexity, and motivations and makes people want to know how it all plays out.

Problems like, he is just not working in this story, less so.

Who here besides me doesn't do rewrites, and simply adds and patches and crumbles bits and pieces of your stories instead of rewriting the whole thing?

I'm going to do a total rewrite for the 24K or so words of my 2017 NaNo project. I'd by no means finished that tale, was only about a quarter of the way into it, anyway. But it was bloated in parts, and in the eight months since I abandoned it, I decided I wanted it to have a different POV character and be written in first person. So..

Heh heh....problems a character creates for other characters makes for good stage business and character interactions. Add complexity, and motivations and makes people want to know how it all plays out.

Problems like, he is just not working in this story, less so.

I meant problems for me, not for the characters.