1. Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us.

Random thoughts

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by SeverinR, May 14, 2013.

1. Orc Knight

Orc Knight Maester

It'll be right bloody then?

FifthView likes this.
  2. pmmg

pmmg Auror

Is this in reference to hp? I did not know they had new stuff. I was never really a fan of hp.

3. Yesterday i got the results of my evaluation back and talked abt it with my therapist and i am diagnosed with ADHD and according to my therapist it is, beyond a shadow of a doubt, an explanation for...a lot of my entire life.

It's not like it was a surprise or anything. "I can space out for ten minutes straight in the middle of writing down a simple math problem, have to stop and do push-ups and jumping jacks in the middle of completing assignments to avoid exploding, and need half an hour of cooldown after half an hour of sitting at a desk working or else staying on task starts to feel like a hot iron is being held to my entire existence? What could this meean????" but like. it's nice that there is a reason i struggle with school and everything despite supposedly being super-gifted. Besides just laziness or Being An Awful Parody Of A Person. My therapist wants me to at least have the conversation with my doctor about meds.

On the one hand, I don't know how i would feel about meds. On the other hand, it would be nice to be able to actually function in day to day life.

4. Svrtnsse

Svrtnsse Staff Article Team

I hear you. I've had a few friends explain their reluctance to meds. I think it's definitely something worth talking over with someone who knows about it though. :)

5. Yeah. My reluctance is mainly due to the fact that i already take two other medications and refilling them on time is hard already :/ It's a lot to keep track of. But i have to face it that i'm going to college soon and I doubt college work will be manageable for me.

6. Chessie2

Chessie2 Staff Article Team

College is all about having good study habits, attending class regularly, communicating with your professors if you're falling behind or struggling (or will be absent more than one class), sitting in a part of the classroom where you will be less distracted like the front if possible, and using whatever resources are available to you as a student to help you succeed. This means counselors, extra time in tests if you need it, tutors, etc. Just these basic things will foster in you the ability to manage your studies. Also, remember to have fun and treat yourself once in a while. :) What makes college hard is the course load + homework, which is doable if you have the right habits in place.

(Sorry for sounding like a mom but college is more manageable than a lot of people realize. You don't need to be brilliant in order to succeed)

Last edited: Sep 29, 2018
    CupofJoe likes this.
  7. There are few things more frightening than watching your one year old strip her diaper off and run away stark naked and be unable to do anything about it.

8. Orc Knight

Orc Knight Maester

Sometimes I can be cruel. Like tonight. But if people would just read signs they'd be a lot better off.

9. Word of advice, don't take claritin in the middle of the day after staying up coughing all night from a particularly heinous bout of allergies unless either 1) make sure they are non-drowsy or 2) are prepared for a 5 hour nap.

10. Orc Knight

Orc Knight Maester

Moving sucks. That is all.

Svrtnsse likes this.
  11. Svrtnsse

Svrtnsse Staff Article Team

It does indeed. Commiserations.

12. CupofJoe

CupofJoe Vala

13. FifthView

FifthView Istar

Sitting too long staring at the screen always exhausts me, regardless of what displays on the screen. Mental fatigue. At least when I'm writing my WIP, I've accomplished something by the time the fatigue sets in. But today, though I was prepped for this, I ended up reading and responding to too many other things on the Internet, and now I'm fatigued and I've accomplished -- not very much. And I'm ready to put the computer to sleep.

14. Chessie2

I puked twice while writing a sex scene tonight. Yeah, I'm hella sick and also way stubborn. Gotta do what needs to be done, even at the cost of my sanity. Not the best sex scene I've written either. It's too short (like 3 or 4 paragraphs) but I couldn't manage anything longer with overwhelming f*** nausea.

DragonOfTheAerie likes this.
  15. Puking during sex scenes. One must wonder what kind of kink that helps.;)

16. FifthView

FifthView Istar

I just wrote a "morning after" scene, to open my Chapter Two, in which sex almost happens again—but for the proverbial knock on the door. Alas. Didn't puke, but I was surprised that the scene came so well to me. I'd been dreading trying to write it. Is this a decent way to introduce the new POV character, in a second chapter opening? We'll see. Turned out well so far, because I managed to introduce the things I wanted to introduce, to that point in the chapter.

DragonOfTheAerie and Chessie2 like this.
  17. Chessie2

I have a deathly stomach flu, which is horrible timing because I'm in the middle of my novel where kissy faces abound...and I'm so, so sick. UGH.

DragonOfTheAerie likes this.
  18. Chessie2

Morning after is basically mandatory #2. That's where I'm at today, too.

FifthView likes this.
  19. Looking into short stories. Read I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream. Being the great friend that I am, I texted my friend, "Want to never sleep again?" He said "sure."

I'm kind of an awful person.

On a different note, i'm a little fascinated by how little incredibly f**ked up bizarre shit bothers me in books, when I can barely get through scenes with abusive parents, animal death, any kind of injustice, etc. I have had literal panic attacks over hearing about things that happened to other people because I'm what's called hyper-empathetic. Can't put my stuffed animals on different shelves because they'll get lonely. Can't kill bugs. Literally cannot stand the entire world because I feel like I am feeling the pain of every person alive. I react viscerally to the feelings of others. Yet i somehow find myself seeking out the most messed up and horrific stuff in the weird/speculative realm and just being like, "cooooool." Also some of my story ideas have people, and me, like. "Holy shit. What's wrong with you."

Maybe I should check on that friend...