1. Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us.

Random thoughts

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by SeverinR, May 14, 2013.

1. So many Anthropomorphic Personifications, so little time.

2. skip.knox

skip.knox toujours gai, archie Moderator

Found today. The illustration comes from Maurice Sendak.
    [​IMG]

3. Tom

Tom Istar

I'm venturing out into the great white north to work at the library computer lab. Wish me luck. Hopefully I won't be eaten by polar bears.

DragonOfTheAerie likes this.
  4. skip.knox

skip.knox toujours gai, archie Moderator

No, you will be eaten by hopeful polar bears.

Tom likes this.
  5. Tom

Tom Istar

I wasn't eaten by hopeful polar bears! And I finished my last assignment of the semester...I'm so happy.

skip.knox likes this.
  6. Tom

Tom Istar

Merry Christmas, scribes!

7. Why do I have the urge to listen to Bohemian Rhapsody?

8. Orc Knight

Orc Knight Archmage

Because you're just a poor person, nobody loves you, ally-oop, ally-oop?

And for another thought, unexpected things to be learned at the Ranger Institute (week long school for parks people like me). Storytelling. And the base of it being told from over the camp fires. Nice little learning tidbit.

DragonOfTheAerie likes this.
  9. ThinkerX

ThinkerX Myth Weaver

because it pertains to your current masterpiece :)

10. Demesnedenoir

Demesnedenoir Auror

And I just noticed a first (as far as I know) for one of my books... it picked up an also bought on Amazon of a writer/member of this forum: Michael J. Sullivan!

That was kind of cool, even if he doesn't seem to have the time to post here often anymore. Success has a way of robbing folks of time.

That's my strange randomness for the day, LOL.

Reaver and Chessie2 like this.
  11. CupofJoe

CupofJoe Myth Weaver

For those of us based in the UK. This afternoon's Money Box is about the economics of being an author. It is a phone-in so if you have questions... and will be available to listen to for 28[?] days after broadcast.

12. CupofJoe

CupofJoe Myth Weaver

Ooooh Double posting!
    If anyone wants an image to go with their character, then this pace may be of interest...
    thispersondoesnotexist.com
    All the images are made by an AI. So the person does not exist. Just reload the page to get a new image.
    I find it strangely addictive...

Chessie2 and Svrtnsse like this.
  13. Svrtnsse

Svrtnsse Staff Article Team

Strangely addictive indeed, and a little bit scary.
    Would have been cool to be able to "save" a person in order to be able to get different expressions and angles - but I guess at some point there might be a paid version for that...
    (what, me cynic?)

14. Demesnedenoir

Demesnedenoir Auror

Not really so different from most high fashion models... not exactly real, heh heh.

15. Demesnedenoir

Demesnedenoir Auror

Actually, I could see this opening a short story... somebody looking at pictures of people who don’t exist, and their photo shows up, heh heh. Maybe that’s why itsaddictive, waiting to see if you are the one who pops up next.

16. Chessie2

Chessie2 Staff Article Team

It's also somewhat creepy but I digress...

17. So I haven't been in Krav Maga since August and now I am like, vibrating with misery because I miss it so much. I haven't been able to work out because i have been very sick so that is Terrible, but...do you ever feel like you'll die if you don't get into a fistfight with someone immediately

Futhark and Reaver like this.
  18. CupofJoe

CupofJoe Myth Weaver

Honestly no... but there again any fight I've been in hasn't been a martial art but a fight to survive [Okay, a fight to run away and hide].
    I do miss swimming until my arms ache if I'm not well enough to go swimming.

Reaver likes this.
  19. Reaver

Reaver Kwisatz Haderach Moderator

Are you secretly The Punisher? It's okay to admit it. I promise not to tell anyone. ;)

20. Chessie2

Chessie2 Staff Article Team

It has snowed here for like 2 straight months. Eff this. We moved out of Alaska only to live in the snowiest place in Washington state. Seriously...I am ready to live in Malta or the Caribbean.