1. Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us.

Random thoughts

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by SeverinR, May 14, 2013.

1. ^I know how you feel. I'm hyper sensitive and hyper emphatic, yet it's a constant struggle to keep dark elements out of my books and to keep the books themselves from spiraling into depressing slogs.

2. I'm on this new medication (for ADHD) and it's definitely not supposed to do this but a few hours after I take it it puts me right to sleep. Knocks me out cold. It makes me super dizzy and lightheaded and kind of brain-foggy before putting me to sleep, as well. Needless to say I'm going off it. It's not supposed to make me fall asleep or do anything of the sort but when I take it i end up literally being unable to hold my eyes open within a few hours.

So earlier today i slept like 3 hours in the middle of the day and now it's the wee hours of the morning and I don't feel like sleeping. I guess thats what happens when you sleep the day away.

3. I drank a mango spinach smoothie earlier, felt healthy as all get out. Then ate pizza rolls. Do they cancel each other out?

4. Tom

Tom Istar

I'm glad you've got a diagnosis, but that really sucks that your meds aren't working for you. What medication were you prescribed, and what dosage? I'm currently on 60mg of Strattera, which is working amazingly well. It's a non-stimulant so it doesn't have a lot of the side effects of stimulant meds.

5. Omg, Strattera is what i'm on lol. Its only 25mg, so i'd hate to see how unconscious 60mg would make me...

I'm really sensitive to lots of medications. I'm on 5mg of lexapro for anxiety, which is a lot lower dose than is usual, but it works.

6. Tom

Tom Istar

My doc started me at 20mg, and I had to ask to have the dosage bumped twice because it didn't have any effect on me at all. I'm tolerant/resistant to a lot of medications, so I have to have high doses of anything (even anesthetic, which I learned after waking up in the middle of surgery).

With Strattera, I'd try it for a little while longer and see what happens. It tends to manifest side effects like drowsiness, nausea, etc, for the first few days, but once you adjust they usually go away. The first weekend I started taking 20mg I was low-level nauseous and lightheaded for hours, and just like you I'd just pass out after taking a dose. It took maybe 3 days for my body to get used to it, but after that it was smooth sailing. When I started the 60mg dosage I was dizzy for a couple days, but again it went away pretty fast. Hopefully it'll work out for you too.

7. Hmm. Hope so.

Tom likes this.
  8. CupofJoe

CupofJoe Myth Weaver

Had a great [nearly lucid] dream with multiple characters and and interweaving story line. I woke up so excited but by the time I found something to write with, it was all fading away. There was a woman [queen, goddess, priestess, magician] riding an enormous phoenix, I remember that much... it left sooty foot [claw? talon?] prints in the snow.

DragonOfTheAerie likes this.
  9. Chessie2

Chessie2 Staff Article Team

This morning I woke up to tiny claws pawing at the back of my neck. Our 2 month old tortoiseshell was fast asleep wedged between my husband and I underneath our pillows. Life can be really sweet sometimes.

10. ^Aww. :D

11. CupofJoe

CupofJoe Myth Weaver

12. Dark Squiggle

Dark Squiggle Troubadour

CupofJoe likes this.
  13. CupofJoe likes this.
  14. Growing older is wild, i'm finally rereading my WIP from a few months ago and suddenly realizing my MC is an immature idiot.

Ireth likes this.
  15. SeverinR

SeverinR Vala

You ain't crap, if your not number two.

16. Weird fiction authors seem to have a few broad varieties of monster:

1. I N C O M P R E H E N S I B L E B Y T H E H U M A N M I N D
    2. Once human travesty of twisted flesh
    3. Deep Ocean Thing

Tom and TheCrystallineEntity like this.
  17. So my brothers film class did a music video (wherein one of the boys in his class sang a christmasy love song to another boy, which i'm shocked was let slide in such a conservative area...maybe people really are changing and getting more accepting?)

This post is about how my brain won't stop going lAAASST CHRIstmas i GAVE YOU MY HEAAAART
    AND THE very next dAAAY
    you gave it awaAAAAYY
    tho.

Tom and Svrtnsse like this.
  18. Svrtnsse

Svrtnsse Staff Article Team

Writing is fascinating The outline for what I'm writing at the moment can be summed up as "generic smalltalk" and then one of the characters goes and says something that's going to have ramifications for the remainder of the story - if not the entire series. I love it when that happens.

19. Tom

Tom Istar

Freshman art majors are possibly the most annoying people on earth (I should know because I was one). There's a group of them cackling like hyenas in the studio next door while I'm trying to work on my final project and it's getting....uggghhh.

20. Me reading about horrific monsters, people dying in revolting ways, nightmare-inducing body horror and creatures made of repurposed human body parts, all sorts of abominations, gore aplenty, parasites, the screams of damned souls: nice

Me reading about a kid getting bullied or a parent being emotionally abusive: mood ruined for a whole day, struggles to even keep reading at all, probably starts crying while doing something unrelated because i thought about the book,

Tom likes this.