• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Random thoughts

Heliotrope

Staff
Article Team
Oh my gosh Brian, that is actually hilarious because my husband is Northern European (Czech) and his dad (Lithuanian) used to tell them all the time about how he was out hunting bears when he was 4 years old!

Last edited:

Ban

Troglodytic Trouvère
Article Team
Just made glühwein of my own

-almost full bottle cheap win
-nutmeg,cinnamon,cardamom,clove,
-honey
-bit of orange juice
-all the nuts and berries i could find

It tastes nice and my christmas mood has increased even more.

Heliotrope

Staff
Article Team
My sister married a french man and brought me some vin chaud last year from France…

I need to get a recipe. Did you just make it up Banten?

Update! Snowfall warning for my town! After I posted that it never snows here! Now I really need a recipe….

Last edited:

Tom

Istar
Wish it would snow here! I was really looking forward to a white Christmas. This unnatural warmth is making my skin crawl--I am a Buffalonian born and bred, after all, and usually by this time we're up to our ears in lake effect snow.

In other news, I'm done with finals, yay! Now to cross my fingers and wait for my grades to be posted...

Ban

Troglodytic Trouvère
Article Team
Wish it would snow here! I was really looking forward to a white Christmas. This unnatural warmth is making my skin crawl--I am a Buffalonian born and bred, after all, and usually by this time we're up to our ears in lake effect snow.

In other news, I'm done with finals, yay! Now to cross my fingers and wait for my grades to be posted...

Join the christmas fun!

And at least there's a good chance that you'll have a white christmas. Here in the southern netherlands we can prepare for icy cold weather and rain, because father Winter wants us to freeze to death.

Reactions: Tom

Tom

Istar
Thanks! I could do with some eggnog and a good shot of holiday spirit. (Maybe a shot of rum in the eggnog, too...) :)

Reactions: Ban

Ireth

Myth Weaver
Half of the gifts I mailed out to my friends have arrived at their destinations! ^^ Anxiously waiting for the other half.

MineOwnKing

Maester
I guess one of the local theaters here, which has two wings with at least 5 separate projection rooms, if not more, to each wing, is showing Star Wars in every room and is sold out for some days to come.

They even open at 9:00 A.M..

Wow.

Tom

Istar
Whoo! I got back my history final paper, and I got an A! My professor really liked it! The only critique he had was basically, "Could have used some expansion. Also, your indents are bad and you should feel bad."

Kinda forgot the indents. I did proofread it at eleven at night, after all. :rolleyes2:

Ireth

Myth Weaver
Few things feel better than seeing a friend's ecstatic reaction to a gift. Especially one that's handmade and took you months to finish.

Tom

Istar
Star Wars special features on Google! I joined the Dark Side, naturally...To anyone who hasn't tried it yet, it's pretty cool!

MineOwnKing

Maester
Today is a special day.

Today my family celebrates my Grandmother's 100th birthday.

I am very close with my Grandmother and she lived an amazing life.

Always loving and supportive, like a well of endless hope she was a positive force in raising all the cousins.

She became a one room school house teacher in 1934. She had to ride on her skis to get to the school house and start a fire in the furnace to warm up the building.

Five years later when she got married, she was forced to quit teaching. Women were expected to take care of their husbands and so she was not allowed to work.

After the war she returned to teaching and retired in 1978.

She made life worth living in a multitude of ways.

I love her.

Happy Birthday Grandma.