• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Random thoughts

MineOwnKing

Maester
The generation-x'r / Author, emerged from his hole and was blinded by the 21'st Century lights. He spent the next 12 hours trying to create a WordPress blog that was supposed to take 10 minutes to set up.

After posting his first blog he then bashed his head against his cave for another 5 hours because the blog is all screwed up and didn't get any of the cool widgets he worked so hard to add.

He then saw his shadow and declared to the world, " 4 more weeks of 20th Century."

football-cheese-ball-recipe.jpg

Just made this for the big game today.The filling is delicious I haven't tried it with crunchy bacon on the outside though. Hope it tastes good.

Incanus

Auror
So you don't want Star Wars featuring Spock?

If I'm understanding this question aright, then, yes.

I only watched the first JJA trek movie, but it sure felt like it was being shoved in a Star Wars-y direction, leaving the Trek universe well behind. Fine for Star Wars, totally unacceptable for Star Trek.

Leonard Nimoy is the one and only Spock. No one else can do it.

Hopefully there will be an all-new cast of characters for this show.

One of these days I want to write an article or forum post about what we can learn about storytelling from watching sports. Suffice it to say for now that sports, both individual games and seasons, can teach a writer a lot about story telling.

X Equestris

Maester
Had to let out a chuckle while I was flipping through through the News section on YouTube. One of FRANCE 24 English's videos used a screenshot from Call of Duty: Black Ops for their thumbnail on a video totally unrelated to video games.

Dear work IT department do everyone a favor and make sure the Internet works after you hook up the computer. That way the guy that needs the Internet to function doesn't have to sit at his desk for 30 minutes spinning in his chair and arguing that mythic scribes updates. Thanks.

Incanus

Auror
Passed the 60,000 word mark on my WIP this weekend. This tortoise is going to cross the finish line.

(I know--I need to start a thread in the new Writer's Work section about this stuff. That section didn't exist when I began writing this novel. I'll start a thread there when I begin the arduous revisions.)

kennyc

Inkling
Passed the 60,000 word mark on my WIP this weekend. This tortoise is going to cross the finish line.

(I know--I need to start a thread in the new Writer's Work section about this stuff. That section didn't exist when I began writing this novel. I'll start a thread there when I begin the arduous revisions.)

Good Luck!!

T.Allen.Smith

Staff
Passed the 60,000 word mark on my WIP this weekend. This tortoise is going to cross the finish line. (I know--I need to start a thread in the new Writer's Work section about this stuff. That section didn't exist when I began writing this novel. I'll start a thread there when I begin the arduous revisions.)

You're in the home stretch now.

Nimue

Auror
Found out today that my kitty had to be put down. Okay, post-college he was more of my parents' cat, but that didn't mean he wasn't still my sweetheart. Whenever I came home he'd wake me up with a nose in my face until I let him burrow under the covers. We adopted him after he came up to me as a year-old kitten in our backyard in Ohio, meowing his little head off. He made it to sixteen, but had a heart problem and renal failure. Farewell, fluffcat. Here's some pictures for no good reason.

IMG_0225_zps164cffb2.jpg
IMG_0325_zpsee3acec1.jpg
IMG_0322_zpsa82a6f34.jpg

kennyc

Inkling
Found out today that my kitty had to be put down. Okay, post-college he was more of my parents' cat, but that didn't mean he wasn't still my sweetheart. Whenever I came home he'd wake me up with a nose in my face until I let him burrow under the covers. We adopted him after he came up to me as a year-old kitten in our backyard in Ohio, meowing his little head off. He made it to sixteen, but had a heart problem and renal failure. Farewell, fluffcat. Here's some pictures for no good reason.

So sorry! I lost one of my two this past fall. :( He was about the same age. :(
They are just like family.

Velka

Sage
Sorry to hear about your fluffcat. Those pictures are proof of a life well-lived and loved. That's the one unfair thing about pets, they don't live nearly long enough.

Incanus

Auror
Sorry for your loss, Nims. Lost my cat about 10 years ago. She made it to 18 years old. Her name was '99', after agent 99 in the old TV show 'Get Smart'. She was a runt of a thing that could produce some surprisingly loud purring for her size. I miss her. Cats are such awesome creatures.