• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Random thoughts

C

Chessie

Lately, I've been writing romance scenes while listening to Bryan Adams. It works somehow. Just something funny I wanted to share.

Saigonnus

Auror
I listened to "War Ensemble" by Slayer while writing a combat scene... Strangely it worked too. [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heliotrope

Staff
Article Team
I do that with my hip! I get sciatica and IT band syndrome from mountain biking and trail running, so I lay on my side with a tennis ball digging into my hip joint and it is magic. I sleep with it sometimes.

ThinkerX

Myth Weaver
Gah! Don't know what it is about January, but my writing efforts tend to come to naught during this month. A couple years ago, it was the disastrous inch-along rewrite of 'Empire: Country.' This year its the disastrous inch-along rewrites of some of my old short stories. Decided to call it quits with the one before I made it any worse. And I don't even want to look at the concept piece I screwed around with for a week.

Maybe I should have followed my first impulse and done something non literary this month.

Ireth

Myth Weaver
Just saw Star Wars VII again; it was free in my local theater this afternoon. I spent most of the movie trying not to cry from what I knew was coming. D= And then it did, and I cried.

Svrtnsse

Staff
Article Team
Today, using the powers of the internet, I learned that in order to compensate for the combined body odor of everyone who beta tested Gears of War 3, you would need an airflow equivalent to a quarter of the discharge rate of the Congo River.

kennyc

Inkling
There is no better foot massaging tool than a tennis ball. Seriously, if you get sore feet grab a tennis ball put on the floor and roll it around. It's good for what ails ya.

I had/have some tendon damage (at least that's what I think it is) in one hand....a golf ball is perfect!

I had/have some tendon damage (at least, that's what I think it is) in one hand....a golf ball is perfect!

Right. And while we are on the lower extremity thing I slipped on some ice yesterday, it jacked my knee up pretty good. It's been sore for a day now and I gotta hobble when walking down stairs. So word of advice, don't look at the ground and say, "Looks like there isn't any ice here." Because ice is an ass and is often clear.

Ireth

Myth Weaver
That irritating moment when your little siblings steal and eat ALL the chocolate you'd been planning to use as a writing incentive. When they're not allowed to be in your bedroom in the first place. >_<

kennyc

Inkling
That irritating moment when your little siblings steal and eat ALL the chocolate you'd been planning to use as a writing incentive. When they're not allowed to be in your bedroom in the first place. >_<

You should have incentivised yourself sooner! LOL!

Ireth

Myth Weaver
You should have incentivised yourself sooner! LOL!

I had been! I had a chocolate orange that I got in my Christmas stocking, and I decided recently that I'd reward myself 1 slice per every 500 words I wrote. I was maybe 1/4 of the way through it, and this afternoon it was GONE. Right when I'd meant to reward myself for writing another 500 last night. Rawr.

kennyc

Inkling
I had been! I had a chocolate orange that I got in my Christmas stocking, and I decided recently that I'd reward myself 1 slice per every 500 words I wrote. I was maybe 1/4 of the way through it, and this afternoon it was GONE. Right when I'd meant to reward myself for writing another 500 last night. Rawr.

Dang, that ain't right, them sibs should havta pay-up big time!

Incanus

Auror
Ah, sibs...

What's to be done with them?

Ireth--sounds like you need a new and better hiding spot for your incentives.

Velka

Sage
Have you ever been so sick that, despite consulting an actual doctor who tells you that it's just a wicked cold, you become convinced that you have contracted a brand new mutation of an illness that will (postmortem) be named after you and pictures of your throat and lungs and sinus cavities will be included in medical textbooks for decades to come?

No? Just me? Ok.

Incanus

Auror
Going to my parents house this weekend to celebrate my pop's 92nd birthday. He's a pretty amazing guy--I hope I do as well when I reach that age. I think it's safe to say he's one tough cookie (A WWII vet and someone who has had FOUR open heart surgeries).

Should be fun!